From time to time I dream about reading this book or seeing it on someone's desk or on a shelf.
Something about that title just makes me smile every time -- like the author couldn't think of any pyramid- or sphinx-related words for the letters from V to Z but just decided to go ahead and publish it anyway. (Hey, Raymond Saltshaker, ever hear of a ziggurat?) Somehow, U is the perfect letter to leave off on, too; "A to X" or something wouldn't have been so funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...

3 comments:
Zep Tepi is what the ancient Egyptians called the first time when the world arose from primeval chaos. The first thing that arose from the waters of chaos was a pyramid shaped mound. He could have worked that in somewhere!
I first missed the joke here, by assuming it was a real book. You seem to be like Tolkien in this - the products of your imagination are regarded as objective, and further reality
developed from that assumption!
Yes, I like to think of myself as a latter-day Tolkien, and the Middle Earth Legendarium as a sort of precursor to "Pyramids and Sphinxes from A to U"!
My dreams are often highly verbal -- sometimes they even take the form of "radio programs" rather than movies. I've dreamed up plenty of book titles, song lyrics, and even a dialect of English.
Post a Comment