I clicked expecting a mildly entertaining parody, but it actually turns out to be legitimately awesome. I was especially impressed by the successful transcription for saxophone of one of rock's great guitar solos.
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
The Heimatdamisch
As people say (don't they?), "I don't know much about art, but I know what I like" -- and today what I like is this German oompah band playing Guns N' Roses.
I clicked expecting a mildly entertaining parody, but it actually turns out to be legitimately awesome. I was especially impressed by the successful transcription for saxophone of one of rock's great guitar solos.
I clicked expecting a mildly entertaining parody, but it actually turns out to be legitimately awesome. I was especially impressed by the successful transcription for saxophone of one of rock's great guitar solos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
I checked the Duckstack today and read the latest, " Comb Tomb ." One bit is about crime: Most nonviolent crime is a crime of oppo...
-
I post at Winking Back from the Dark , but only to make a terrible pun. Don't say you weren't warned!
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
I've been dreaming about books again . I remember the blurb on the back cover said, "One of the most horrifying books of the d...
-
In a July 19 post -- not to be confused with the present one! -- called " I've been a miner for a heart of gold ," I connect t...
-
At the moment, the last post in the algorithm-generated "Poplar posts" list at the bottom of this blog is " Chubby Checker, g...
-
On June 10, I posted " A white hart and a portal to a parallel world ," which included this image of a modern variant on the Hermi...
-
The juxtaposition of a hermit with a hart, sometimes merged into a single "humanoid deer creature," has been a sync theme recently...
-
After work this evening, I checked America's flagship meme post and saved this one: I've never seen the 1987 Arnold Schwarzenegger m...
3 comments:
This transcends awesome. The song brings back memories of my misspent youth, while the band appeals to my Germanic roots. On top of that, there's a figurine of a stag on the shelf in the background. Pure bliss!
I'm glad you appreciated it, Frank. My musical tastes can be a tad outré at times, so it's reassuring to know I'm not alone!
Hey, this was outstanding, William! Thank you for sharing it. And thanks to the band for not putting a top hat on the saxaphonist.
Post a Comment