Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Copper State

The flag of Arizona, featuring a copper-colored star
This afternoon I happened to see someone on the street wearing a T-shirt that said “California: The Golden State.” The thought this prompted was: “California’s the Golden State, and Nevada’s the Silver State. I wonder if there’s a Bronze State.” (I had seen and heard references to the Golden State countless times before without ever wondering that, but this time the thought just popped into my head.)

Several hours later, I read a few pages from James Shelby Downard's "King Kill 33," where I found the sentence "Arizona is the 'Copper State,'" followed by three paragraphs on the supposed occult significance of that nickname.

No comments:

Knowledge is baking powder, France is baking.

Last night (the night of April 17), I visited Engrish.com , a site I used to check fairly regularly but hadn't been to in, oh, years pro...