In a statement, Apple said the decision was made out of respect for the sensibilities of their Muslim customers, whose religion strictly forbids iDollar Tree.
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Dollar Tree deplatformed
Bad news: If you want to download the app that gives you digital coupons, loyalty points and more at America’s second-largest chain of discount variety stores, you won’t be able to do it on your iPhone. That’s right, Dollar Tree is the latest company to be permanently banned from the App Store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
2 comments:
I read this while rather tired and actually checked the news, lol. I had to register the pun.
Ha! I like to keep my readers on their toes.
(They really aren’t on the App Store, though, and other dollar stores are. Another case of life imitates pun?)
Post a Comment