Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Big Bird and the Blue Sun

I found this out randonauting tonight:


It was on the wall of a "Sesame English" school that licenses the characters from Sesame Street. There was no "Bird," just "Big." I recently mentioned Big Bird in "Sync: Don't be confused. Back up the heavy burds." The background also got my attention: "The sky was yellow, and the Sun was blue," as in the Grateful Dead song "Scarlet Begonias."


This is not the first time Big Bird has been associated with yellow-blue reversals. There was that one time he was captured, painted blue, and promoted as the Bluebird of Happiness.


This in turn made me think of the They Might Be Giants song "Birdhouse In Your Soul," with its repeated references to a "blue canary," as well as one mention of the "bluebird of friendliness." (Big Bird, while claiming variously to be a lark or a "golden condor," has sometimes been identified as a canary.)


One assumes that "Birdhouse In Your Soul" was inspired by, among other things, Emily Dickinson.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers --
That perches in the soul --
And sings the tune without the words --
And never stops -- at all --

The blue canary in the song never stops at all, either: "My story's infinite / Like the Longines Symphonette / It doesn't rest."

If you look back at the first Big Bird image, you'll see that the blue sun is rising over a few curved but mostly horizontal red and white stripes. This same image with the same colors appears in the iconic Obama poster which also invokes Dickinson's "thing with feathers."


The blue sun made me think of the blue star Sirius -- but of course that star is associated with the dog, not the yellow bird. The "blue canary" in the song also made me think of Twitter, so I decided to check that website -- something I very rarely do. It turns out that, as of just a few hours ago apparently, Twitter's blue bird has been replaced with a yellow dog!


Another thing the blue sun made me think of was an Indian roommate I had many years ago, who told me that "blue is the radiance of black," and that Krishna and Shiva are portrayed as blue to show that they are black yet radiant. If that's true, then Big Bird's blue sun is equivalent to the Black Sun, a Nazi symbol.

How about that? How often do you see Big Bird juxtaposed with Nazism? Oh, wait, I just saw that yesterday, in this gratuitously offensive meme from 4chan. (Sorry about this stuff, guys. I may have mentioned a time or two that the sync fairies ain't got no class.)


Oh, and Hitler's in a boat. I just read in William Bramley's The Gods of Eden that "the swastika . . . which most people associate with Naziism . . . is a very old emblem. It has appeared many times in history, usually in . . . societies worshipping Custodial 'gods.'" He mentions elsewhere that these "'gods' traveled into the heavens in flying 'boats.'"

So -- this is a very weird sync-stream. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

By the way, on the same randonauting excursion, I ran into yet another double-D lemniscate, once again connected with the yin-yang symbol.

11 comments:

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

The blue god Vishnu rides the big yellow bird Garuda.

ben said...

This post is great

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

We endeavor to give satisfaction.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

After I listened to “Birdhouse In Your Soul,” YouTube suggested that I might next like to play the song “I Was Born Under A Wandering Star” from the 1969 movie Paint Your Wagon. The video opens with a few seconds of a blue sun.

https://youtu.be/NTymtAbaG08

The song includes these lines:

When I get to heaven tie me to a tree
Or I'll begin to roam, and soon you know where I will be

This reminded me of the following lines from the hymn “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing”:

Let Thy goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, oh take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

This hymn is sung by Elenyi in combination with “If You Could Hie to Kolob.”

https://youtu.be/9Z3pjXmNq2g

It has sometimes been proposed that Kolob is the blue star Sirius, since the name seems related to keleb, “dog.”

Ra1119bee said...

William,

I believe the Custodial "gods" were/are Navigators of both the starry skies and the blue seas, so I agree with William Bramley that the 'gods' traveled into heaven on flying boats.

Interesting the word Aviator sounds very similar to Navigator both having an AVE connection.

Recall the lyrics in Shirley Ellis'The Clapping Song :

Three, six, nine, the goose drank wine
The monkey chewed tobacco on the streetcar line
The line broke, the monkey got choked
**** and they all went to heaven in a little row-boat****

Also, the reference in the lyrics to a Soldier.
My mother told me
If I was good-ee
That she would buy me
A rubber dolly

My aunty told her
***I kissed a soldier****
Now she won’t buy me
A rubber dolly
~~~~~~~~~~~~

It makes sense, at least to me, why in this duality dimension we're under Maritime Law,
with The Custodial 'gods' at the Helm.

And it also explains, again at least to me, the reason why the Custodial gods would place such importance and Worship on the Eight Point Star of Ishtar and the symbolism of the steering wheel of a ship.

Ishtar being a goddess of War. The Custodial 'gods 'being Conquerors and Warriors makes one wonder if Worship didn't mean : W A R S H I P.

Not surprised that in the meme, Hitler would be in the boat, as Hitler ( and IMO ) was an 11 aka Gatekeeper working for the Octagon (aka Custodial gods ) as is Obama.

Everything is Connected....

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Big Bird played a role in Obama’s second presidential campaign.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/fired-big-bird-mitt-romney-hates-big-bird

Ra1119bee said...


William,

Yellow and Red are also the colors of the International Maritime Signal Flag,
O ( for Oscar ) which means ; Man Overboard.

Oscar the Grouch (who was Green) was another Sesame Street character.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Debbie, Oscar has only been green since the second season. Originally he was orange.

The green muppet in the canoe with Big Bird and Cookie Monster never existed. There have been very few green muppets.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

By the way, good catch with “they all went to heaven in a little rowboat”!

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Here’s the original Sesame Street Hitler comic:

https://www.jeroom-inc.com/nl-be/comic/sesam-2

In the first panel, they’re singing (in Dutch), “It's such a beautiful day, we're rowing to the sea! There is still room enough, everyone can come!” There’s no dialogue in the other three panels.

Rara Avis said...

In Dutch, Big Bird (Pino) is always blue.

Build and strengthen

Last night I was once again creating a glossary to accompany an English reading assignment for my Taiwanese students. The article had to do ...