Monday, March 1, 2021

My sister and the Maid on adjacent lines of text

Kevin McCall recently posted "Some thoughts on psychics," which begins by citing my own old post "The influence of adjacent lines of text."

In Kevin’s post, I found this:


The reference is to Tycho Brahe, the astronomer, but it's also an abbreviation of my own surname. I have recently received several email messages about my sister's portrait of Joan of Arc -- whom my correspondent usually refers to by her title "the Maid."


Note added: Kevin's post also mentions' Swedenborg's clairvoyant vision of "a fire in Stockholm." The stock in Stockholm means "stake, pole," so this is another nod to St. Joan.

4 comments:

No Longer Reading said...

That's funny. So, in writing about the influence of adjacent lines of text, I was inadvertently creating the same situation.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Such are the ways of the sync fairies. Speak of Cao Cao, and Cao Cao arrives!

No Longer Reading said...

Here are some prayers related to St. Joan. The 1939 one by the Bishop of Orleans is especially good.

No Longer Reading said...

Forgot to post the link:
https://www.piercedhearts.org/theology_heart/life_saints/joan_arc.html

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...