Monday, February 28, 2022

My take on the Ukraine thing

Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land.
-- D&C 38:29

I have no take. I have no information.

The Russian news is propaganda. The Ukrainian news is propaganda. The Western news is sure as hell propaganda. I know no one in either country, and even if I did it is unlikely that they would have all that much more reliable information than anyone else.

Everything I see or hear about the situation is presumed fake until proven otherwise. Beyond that, I have no opinion.

2 comments:

A said...

God Bless You.

I hate the endless number of people declaring their opinion on News. Proudly various conservatives and Christians waving their flag about the latest media propaganda. Just shut up and pray, you have no idea what’s going on.

Bruce Charlton said...

It's certainly a potential trap. What can be said with - I think - fair confidence; is that if the venue is ignored and this is interpreted as a superpower conflict, then one side is significantly more evil than the other.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...