Thursday, February 17, 2022

Not the Illuminati; swashbuckling romance

In yesterday's post "Crazy sync: Bardelys the Magnificent," I recount how I had a title randomly selected from a catalog of over 60,000 books and was given Sabatini's Bardelys the Magnificent, and then the next day ran into the name Bardelys the Magnificent again in the comments to a tongue-in-cheek post about the Illuminati. I joked that the sync fairies were trying to tell me to join the Illuminati.

After posting that last night, I listened to part of an interview with Gary Lachman on The Higherside Chats. Lachman told of a precognitive dream he had had which foretold details of the 1994 film The Shadow. Lachman mentioned in passing that a 45 was the Shadow's trademark weapon, and for some unaccountable reason when he said that number, it jumped out at me and seemed very significant. It was as if the word "FORTY-FIVE" had been shouted at ten times the volume of the rest of the conversation (subjectively, I mean; it's not as if I actually had an auditory hallucination to that effect). Afterwards, of all the things that had been discussed on the podcast, what stood out in my memory was that he had said the number 45.

This morning, curious about last night's sync, I ran a Google image search for bardelys the magnificent, and my eyes were drawn to the third and fourth results:


Later in the morning, I met with an adult English student. He has a grammar exercise book that he works on at home, and then when we meet I check his answers and explain whatever needs to be explained. This illustration from the book caught my eye:

The two movie posters in the illustration bear an obvious resemblance to the two Bardelys pictures that had caught my eye earlier. On the left, a man with a plumed hat, baldric, and sword; on the right, a man and a woman holding each other.

And the illustration is from Unit 45 of the grammar book. (We typically go through four or five units each time.)

So, I think I'm going to have to read Bardelys the Magnificent.

Update: Holy shit. So I just published these two posts about Bardelys the Magnificent syncs and, sandwiched between them, an unrelated sync post called "Visualize the devil and he doth appear" -- the title being an adaptation of the proverb "Speak of the devil . . . ."

I just now went to Gutenberg, downloaded Bardelys the Magnificent -- a title so obscure that I am only the 38th person in history to have done so -- and opened it. The first chapter is titled "The Wager" (cf. my tag "The highway is for gamblers"), and the first four words of the novel are: "Speak of the devil."

This is a spooky level of sync even by my rather jaded standards.

7 comments:

No Longer Reading said...

One connection to 45 is from this post: https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2021/05/hey-suzy-where-you-been-today.html

"In "The Trumpiest trump," my recent post at The Magician's Table, I revisited the Judgment card of the Tarot as a prediction of Trump's winning the 2020 election and discussed how John Opsopaus has connected that trump with the number 45 -- a number that Trump, the 45th president, has recently begun to emphasize in his branding.

In the post I mentioned that "trump occurs only twice in the King James Bible (1 Cor. 15:52 and 1 Thes. 4:16), and both instances refer to the scene depicted on the card." This reminded me that I had also found the string biden in the Bible, in 2 Chronicles 25:29.

Thou sayest, Lo, thou hast smitten the Edomites; and thine heart lifteth thee up to boast: abide now at home; why shouldest thou meddle to thine hurt, that thou shouldest fall, even thou, and Judah with thee?

At the time, my interpretation was that 'Edom means 'red' in Hebrew, so the Edomites are the Republican.' Today, though, a more specific meaning of Edom struck me: Edom = aleph daleth mem = 1 + 4 + 40 = 45. 'Lo, thou hast smitten the 45-ites!' "

Just looking up Bardelys the Magnificent, it takes place during the reign of Louis XIII, the same era as the Three Musketeers book takes place. Cardinal Richelieu was also around during this time, and a cardinal wears red, which is a connection to edom.

This also makes me think of Blaise Pascal, whose father displeased the cardinal and was removed from his position. Also, in the Pascal chapter in "Religion and the Rebel", Colin Wilson writes that Pascal's niece had a swelling near her eye which was cured after being touched with a thorn supposed to have come from the crown of thorns worn by Jesus.

Another person from that time was Descartes, which ties in with this post: https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/2021/06/cucurbits-from-alien-land.html

I think there will be some intersting synchronicities in the book.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Another connection I made is between Bardelys and the fleur-de-lys which is my blog's wallpaper. The name replaces fleur ("flower") with bar ("bass," the fish). Before his literary career, Gary Lachman played the "bass" for Blondie as Gary Valentine.

When I checked Wikipedia's article on Blondie to confirm that, I happened to mouseover a link to the article on their 11th album, and a preview image came up. The album is called Pollinator and the cover art prominently features the color red and a bee. This ties in with recent "red bee" syncs. (The lead singer's name is also Debbie, which means "bee.")

Your mention of Pascal, in connection with my own thought about the fleur-de-lys, connects us to this post, where I discuss the fleur-de-lys in connection with the Paschal lamb and the Emperor card. (Pascal's first name, Blaise, is from Basileus, "emperor.")

https://magicianstable.blogspot.com/2021/05/oswald-wirth-fleur-de-lis-and-aries.html

Ra1119bee said...


William,

Your comment; "When I checked Wikipedia's article on Blondie to confirm that, I happened to mouseover a link to the article on their 11th album, and a preview image came up. The album is called Pollinator and the cover art prominently features the color red and a bee. This ties in with recent "red bee" syncs. (The lead singer's name is also Debbie, which means "bee.")

My response : Interesting the 11 connection, at least to me, as I had an 11:11 dream
in 2003 which I became 'obsessed' with for many years trying to figure out the meaning
and reason..
I still have many 11;11 syncs to this very day.
As you know, my name is also Debra.

Also, a couple of nights ago, I had a very interesting dream which when I clicked
on your blog and saw the photo of Bardleys the Magnificent, I had my usual sync moment
and thought : Hmmmmmmmm, that's odd.

What was odd is the man (I assume is Bardleys?) wearing a coral-colored scarf around his neck. Why that's odd is that in the recent dream, I was working as a Bank Teller (which
I worked in banking much of my life).

In the dream, I was waiting on a customer (an Indian (India) woman) and for some odd reason she gave me her coral-colored headdress for deposit into her account.

The scarf was made out of gauze fabric, and I recall admiring the scarf as the coral color was so beautiful and vivid. For some reason in the dream I recall validating her scarf through a printer, much like what is done in banking with a bank deposit slip, that is:
stamp the deposit slip and receipt, with the date of the transaction.
Of course by me validating her scarf through the printer the scarf became stained with dark ink.

*** And yes, I did take in consideration that perhaps the Indian woman (in the dream)
has connection to Kamala Harris, which I've commented to you about what I believe Kamala's role is in this big picture and the Shifting of Ages.

The image of the swashbuckler wearing that coral scarf immediately made me think of the dream.

Also the name Bardley, which I read as BARD-EL. A poet perhaps? Interesting the connection
to the sword, as words are like swords and can cut the same way, no?

Coincidently I too am a Bard, (I retired from the bank in 09 )
and I sell my work in my Etsy Shop.

Also regarding the Red Bee, you recall my previous communications with you about the Rubedo/ Reddening in the final stage of the Alchemical Transformation Philosopher's Stone, which I believe we are at the Reddening stage, especially the Great Work/Magnum Opus Experiment of The New Atlantis we currently know as America.

Also, I checked out your Magicianstable link about Oswald Wirth and Aries and if you recall I found your blog in early Oct 2021 after I had an interesting
dream about Tulips and tables and stumbled upon Oswald Wirth during my research.

Another interesting connection to your blogpost about Wirth and Aries is that, if you recall in my previous comments about a dream I had on Feb 21 2016
which I titled ; In April.
Of course the Aries astrological sign being March 21-APRIL 19.

Also, search a blog (https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ ) and the Occult Holidays, especially April 19.
Also and speaking of the 19th, my birthday is Feb 19 and this year it's on Sat, which Feb 19 1955 was a Saturday.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that in the Bradley Magnificent photo, the word Sabatini.

I wikied the word Sabatini and found this :
The name is a patronymic, i.e., it originated from the name of an ascendant person, and it is related to sabato, Italian for Saturday, indirectly from shabbat (rest), the weekly day of rest holiday for Judaism probably because the person was born in a Saturday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

hmmmmmmm.... keep an eye on Pluto's Return(Feb 19-22).. and April 19 ( and factor in the Law of the Three for both dates)

No Longer Reading said...

Another connection to Pascal is the first chapter of the book. One of the things Pascal is known for is his wager.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Pascal's wager! Of course. How could I have missed that?

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Bard-Elys: There was an obscure 17th-century poet ("bard") named Edmund Elys.

https://allpoetry.com/Edmund-Elys

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

A swashbuckling warrior, together with a name meaning "born on Saturday," makes me think of the old Mormon movie "Saturday's Warrior."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--w9bOGpi2s

Loaves of gold

(Not to be confused with " Leaves of gold .") Wherever these bread syncs are going, the sync fairies seem intent on connecting all...