Although there were no visuals or vocals, I understood that the cellist was someone who hasn't crossed my mind in many a year: Ester Bloom, whose name sounds like it should be some sort of phenomenon in organic chemistry and who was a blogging collaborator of mine more than a quarter of a century ago. One of her poems from back then was specifically about how she couldn't play the cello and how God had given her "a cello to be instead of to play."
Sunday, March 15, 2026
Cello dream
I had a dream with no visual component, just music: a single cello playing, with great intensity and virtuosity, the Beatles song "With a Little Help from My Friends." It's been in my head all day -- the cello version from my dream, that is, which appears not yet to exist in the waking world, though I did check YouTube just in case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
1 comment:
In Bill's absence, I thought I'd try the name game. The scientific sense partially derives from "ether", but I was more interested in the similarity to "Esther". It apparently stems from "star" in old Persian and is sometimes linked to Ishtar; in Hebrew it relates to "hide/hidden"; and there's a strong connection to the myrtle plant due to the biblical Esther's origins.
One site that came up in my search said myrtle has "star-shaped" flowers; image search indicates there are several other kinds, but five-petaled blossoms were evident enough. That added emphasis to sync with (surprise surprise) Wuthering Waves -- on Sunday, I'd stumbled into a minor questline involving a ruined tower formerly utilised by a "Bloom Bearer", an agent of the protagonist's secretive organisation. Think I've noted this before but said blooms (five-petaled) often bear markings akin to four-pointed stars, made more prevalent in the organisation's emblem.
wutheringwaves.fandom.com/wiki/Blake_Bloom
wutheringwaves.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Shores
Post a Comment