Google is being weird again.
Update: I published this post at 10:59 a.m. Exactly 47 minutes later, at 11:46, I photographed this logo, which was on the backpack of the motorcyclist stopped in front of me at a red light.
My reason for posting the Google search-result screenshot above was the strange inclusion of "Gandalf the Fresh" (any relation to Chilled?), but it also includes the word Istari -- "Wizards," singular Istar. The backpack logo also includes the string ISTAR. The company is apparently called Jiayi Star, and an image search shows that they typically put a space between the two words.
For whatever reason, the version of the logo that I photographed has no space. Furthermore, the IA lines up with the same letters in the Google screenshot.
If we reanalyze the logo as JIAY-ISTAR, what does the first part mean? It's close to Jay, a name which has come up before -- Jay Leno, Roy Jay, and perhaps most relevantly, "Blue Jays" as a reference to Tolkien's Blue Wizards, two of the Istari.
In Chinese transliteration, the i in jia indicates palatalization; it's a single syllable that might be rendered jyah. This reminds me of how Daymon Smith renders the Book of Mormon name Jacom as Dyacom.
I mentioned that I took the photo 47 minutes after publishing the original version of this post. I had just been thinking of the number 47 because it is the S:E:G: value of both hart and stag, and also of time -- Time being the earliest recorded name for the Tarot trump now known as the Hermit. I also happen to be 47 years old at the moment, and this past 7/22 was Bill's 47th birthday.




3 comments:
The most intriguing of the aliases is undoubtedly "See more," but Gandalf the Fresh is not without appeal; could that be why I re-jiggered it to German, "Gandalf der Frische," and dropped it into the gematria calculator? The number I got was 369, which interestingly, given William's conviction that Gandalf is more or less an iteration of the hermit, correlated with "hermeticism." I then dropped 369 into the blog's search box: and, lo and behold, a hit!
https://narrowdesert.blogspot.com/search?q=369
Ha! Wade posted the above comment just seconds before I published the updated version of this post, including gematria references in connection with the Hermit.
The non-highlighted letters in that image spell "marijy," which is apparently a Malagasy word for a type of ox that is black with a white mark on its forehead.
https://mg.wiktionary.org/wiki/marijy
Post a Comment