1. I heard the single word "fridge."
2. I opened a refrigerator, and a live dove flew out.
3. I was explaining how to do something with a deck of Tarot cards: "So I cut once and then turn the deck over and look at the bottom card." I demonstrated this, and when I turned the deck over, the bottom card puzzled me because it was in the style of the Rider-Waite but not recognizable as one of that deck's cards. It depicted a figure which I took to be an angel, though he had no wings or halo. He had long, straight blond hair and was dressed in a long light-gray robe. His face was turned to the left side of the card (the angel's right). In his right hand he held a scythe, the blade of which was curving over his head to his left (the right side of the card). The angel's feet were not visible in the picture, so I could not determine whether he was standing on something or levitating. My second thought when I saw the image (my first being simple perplexity at seeing an unfamiliar card) was "the reapers are the angels" (Matt. 13:39). The card was in reversed orientation, and when I tried to rotate the deck so the image was upright, the dream ended.
4. I was driving a white SUV (I was the driver but could simultaneously see the vehicle from the outside) and made a sharp left, turning perhaps 120 degrees.
5. I was looking at aa children's book called An Account That Moooves, with the multiple o's (I'm not sure exactly how many there were) intended to suggest the sound a cow makes. I opened it up to a page that had no text, only a picture. In the foreground was an extremely stylized cutesy Japanese-style cartoon of a cow with its eyes squeezed closed and its mouth open extremely wide -- so wide that, with an anatomical logic only the Japanese understand, the bottom of the mouth extended past the chin. This was obviously meant to convey some strong emotion -- perhaps fear, surprise, or anger -- but I've never really been able to read these goofy anime expressions. In the background, a mountainous wave, like a tsunami, was approaching the cow from behind.
Upon waking, I performed the operation I had dreamt of, cutting my Rider-Waite deck once without shuffling and then turning the deck over. The bottom card was the Magician.
⁂
The fridge dreams of course made me think first of Bill's dream about someone he later decided was me raiding his refrigerator, but that line of thought didn't really go anywhere. The next thing I thought of was my recent post "Many are cold, but few are frozen," since a refrigerator is specifically designed to keep things cold but not frozen. In the poem discussed there, important knowledge is depicted as being stored up in the "frozen snow-crown" of a mountain, waiting for someone with "the melting gift" to release that knowledge into the world in the form of speech or song. Since the dove is the standard symbol of the Holy Ghost and the inspiration thereof, a dove being released from a refrigerator could represent revealed knowledge being made known. The imagery of a refrigerated Holy Ghost also made me think of the old Appalachian song "The Ghost of John," which ends with the line "Wouldn't it be chilly with no skin on?" Ghosts without bodies are "chilly" -- cold but not frozen. John was "a just man and an holy" (Mark 6:20), so the ghost of John would be a "holy ghost."
The Tarot card is puzzling. At first I thought of it has being "Trump 13½," since the 13th trump is Death (traditionally, though not in the Rider-Waite, depicted as the Grim Reaper with a scythe), and the 14th, Temperance, depicts an angel. However, I think it's also likely a continuation of the Hermit sync stream, since many of the details -- the light-gray robe, the face turned to the left of the card, the long staff -- match those of that Rider-Waite card.
The closest thing to long, straight blond hair in the Rider-Waite deck is Justice, whose hair is only chin-length. The hair of the angel in the dream made me think rather of the Vanyar, or of Nordic aliens. Coincidentally, the Nordics with Trump in the images recently circulated online are wearing clothing quite similar to that of Justice.
When I was writing the description of the Tarot dream above, I opened a new tab in Brave so that I could look up "the reapers are the angels" and get the scripture reference. The background image in the new tab (randomly selected by Brave from a large set of possibilities) was this:
At first I thought they were red tulips -- the flower whose presence on some of Oswald Wirth's Tarot cards is what first brought Debbie to my blog. They're actually poppies in Serbia, but there's certainly a resemblance.
I think the white SUV dream and the Account That Moooves dream are probably related. In "The 96, the 48, and the white bull" (May 2024), I connected a white SUV with this image of a bull in the sea:
The image of a cow about to be overwhelmed by a wave is a continuation of the "Underwater Cowtown" (April 2025) symbolism. That posts mentions a possible connection between Mu, a lost continent sometimes conflated with Atlantis, and a cow's moo.




No comments:
Post a Comment