Here's Mormon cult leader Shane Baldwin: "If I had to pick anybody out there right now who I thought was Enoch incarnate, I'd pick Tony Robbins" (20:00):
Here's political commentator Mark Dice, replaying with approval a 40-year-old clip of Tony Robbins using the nigger word (8:21):
And here's, uh, the "Hyperborean Knowledge" guy, randomly interrupting a discussion of ADHD and the GATE program to say "Where my Tony Robbins fans at?" (21:40):
2 comments:
Allusions to Tony Robbins in three unrelated contexts clearly has the form of a sync, yet its meaning isn't clear. I can't help but wonder if this isn't going to pan out similarly to the "7 22" syncs, where an initial batch were documented in the eponymous post; like these Tony Robbins syncs, their meaning was hard to see. A few days later, we were reminded that "7 22" is verbalized just before a critical moment in "Pulp Fiction," which proved meaningful to me at least. Point being: will Tony Robbins jump out at us in another context in the coming days, and will that be the context that really matters?
It's not even clear that "7 22" in itself was significant, despite its relation to pi and someone's birthday, except as an attention grabber, so "Tony Robbins" too may prove to be more or less an inherently low-meaning marker for something else entirely. I bear no ill will toward Tony Robbins; on the few occasions that I've seen him on TV, I've found him to be an appealing and likable guy. Can't say I know much at all about his ostensible message, but the impression has always been that it is a "positive thinking," willpower-based type program. That has little attraction for me, but could those sorts of ideas somehow be wrapped up in the meaning of this sync--weighed in the balance, if you will?
That's my assumption, too. I'm not running out to buy any Tony Robbins books, just waiting to see if the sync develops.
Post a Comment