Thursday, July 30, 2026

Misinformation about a big light

Yesterday, Maolsheachlann posted "A Big Light on Misinformation," owning up to a blatant falsehood he had been peddling about what those big lights on movie sets are called. He vowed to Do Better and to "work hard to regain the trust of my blog readers."

This morning, I read this in Missing Time (1981) by Budd Hopkins (italics in the original, boldface added):

“Sure, I knew him,” said the lieutenant. “He used to work nights. I came in about six-thirty that morning and he had some wild story about this big thing with lights on it that came down in the park. He thought it was involved with the broken window, but you can’t believe a story like that. He must’ve been drinking or something.”

Apparently misinformation about big lights has been a problem for decades. Truly there is nothing new under the sun.

No comments:

Popular posts