Wednesday, July 29, 2026

From snowy crown to frizzen feet

In "Many are cold, but few are frozen" (July 25), I quote a reference in Elias: An Epic of the Ages to one of the mountains of Utah (Mt. Nebo?) as a "hermit of the hills" with important knowledge stored in his "frozen snow-crown." Then, in "Cold but not frozen" (July 26), I quote from a loose translation of Balzac the line "My feet are frizzen," with the context making it clear that the last word is a humorous alteration of frozen.

Today I read in the final canto of Elias this personification of "Zion's land," understood by the poet to include the entirety of the Americas:

She sits, a sovereign queen, ice-crowned, to lave
Her glowing hands in tropic tides, while brave
Her snowy feet in faith the southern sea.

Again it is specific the crown and the feet that are frozen. The two crown references are from the same poem, making them less of a coincidence, but the context is still quite different -- the peak of a mountain vs. the Arctic "crown" of a continent. The Balzac novel, though, is very far removed from Elias, and my reason for looking up that passage (its use of the "libfix' -rama) had nothin to do with that poem or with icy imagery.

4 comments:

Ra1119bee said...

William,
I think you may find this new sync very interesting.

Backstory:
Today, July 29 (11), I decided to browse Amazon Prime movies.
The thumbnail of a 2021 movie looked interesting, so I checked
out the trailer and it got my attention because the movie has a
very intriguing paranormal subject matter ( see trailer below ).
The movie is titled : Nightmare Alley

What was odd as I watched the movie, there are many
many of the recent syncs symbolism including
a rabbit!. The rabbit is white.

The rabbit is not in the movie trailer so I didn't know
that there would be a rabbit in the movie
and when I saw it I thought: hmmm, what's the odds.

The protagonist name is Stan Carlisle.
Stan's female interest name is Molly.
Molly has dark hair and wears mostly red.
Stan's nickname for Molly is Rabbit.

Another 'odd' is one of the main characters. A cold
wicked deceitful woman named Lilith. She's blonde,
wears black and gray, red lipstick. In most of the scenes with her
the background outside is winter and snowy.( see trailer below)

Of course my Susie/Lily puzzle piece came to mind
and I am aware of Lilith in Jewish Folklore.

Perhaps the white purity
of the lily turns gray and then black when frozen
OR the black symbolically meaning the night
as in the description of Lilit below.

Everything has a dual nature.
Two sides of the same coin.

I found this interesting,
Copy and paste:
"Lilit in Isaiah 34:14, which most translations
render as “*****night creature,” “screech*** owl,”
or “***night bird,”

****not a woman or demon."
~~~~
What's also very interesting in the movie
and a very important major part of the plot
are Tarot cards.

There are also two scenes of deer. One is a large
alabaster art relief type sculpture on the wall of
two white deer. One of the deer is lying down.

The other scene in the movie is a large painting
of two white deer in-between 2 trees very much
like a portal. This large painting is behind
Molly and Stan's bed.

I've never seen this movie before. It was by random
that I chose to watch it.

As I've shared many many times, I truly believe
that if our soul needs us to know something or to
remind us that we are on the right path towards
seeing the big picture, the sync fairies will
show up in some way shape or form.
It never fails, at least it hasn't for me.

I don't go looking for the paranormal
or syncs. They come to me.
I only look for the possible meanings
of the symbolism in the message that is given
which of course involves
much research.

NIGHTMARE ALLEY | Official Trailer
***Note all the circles. Note the blue-green.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q81Yf46Oj3s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmare_Alley_(2021_film)

https://biblehub.com/commentaries/isaiah/34-14.htm

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Just today, one of my young students misspelled "frozen" as "frezen," which is pretty close to "frizzen."

Ra1119bee said...

William,
And speaking of Tony Robbins, and words misspelled
or when pronounced sounding 'same' but different meanings,
your recent post about
Tony Robbins made me think of a funny incident that happened
at the bank in 2004.

Back story:
I wasn't working at the bank at that time. Recall
I shared that the Trickster showed up around 2003
and gave me an unexpected opportunity to
become a hermit in the log cabin for 3 years and disconnect
from the everyday noise of the illusion.

Looking back, that was one of the best things
that could have ever
happened to me. Of course I absolutely
didn't feel that way at the time.

Anywho when I returned to the bank in late 2005
all of the staff couldn't wait to tell me about a
very funny incident that happened.

Note that before 2003 my position at that bank
was one of a floating teller which meant I traveled
to the 32 bank branches covering for other tellers
who were sick or on vacation or maternity leave
etc. All of the staff at each branch knew me
of course because I'd been with the bank for over
25 years at that point.

The story goes that on a very busy Friday ( in the early
2000's many bank branches were still busy on Fridays
as automation hadn't quite decimated the teller position at
that time ) ....the bank was robbed.

That particular branch was in Xenia
and the building was very large and had a full teller
line of about 8 or so.

One of the older ladies ( older than me )
whose name was Pam ( who was White
( not that it matters but just wanted to mention it)
was working the line.

Pam was kinda dowdy, methodical, pragmatic but a very
good hard worker, which I admired.

At some point in the day a young Black man was next
in the teller line and Pam called him to her teller window.
He handed Pam a note. She read it and said out loud:
robbin??

One of the other tellers working in her teller station
right next to Pam and who had overhead Pam, said:
"Robin is not here today."
Note there was a teller who worked at that branch
named Robin which made the incident that
much more funny.

The note read: "I'm robbin. Put all of your
money in an attaché case."

The young man didn't have a gun.

Pam in a dry tone of voice, clearly not afraid,
said: "I don't have an attaché case , but
I have a paper bag in the back. Do you want
me to go get it? The robber answered yes.

When Pam got to the supply room she called
the police. Note that the police dept was right
across the street from the bank!!!
They casually walked over.
When the staff told me that story, I laughed until
I cried.

The police later told the staff that the young man
was somewhat 'slow' mentally and that he
had been watching old TV shows which is why
he referred to an attaché' case.

Marshall and I still often laugh at that story to
this very day. Like I said, your Tony Robbins
post sparked that memory.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

That's a great story, Debbie. How nice of young Robbin to introduce himself before asking for money!

Popular posts