Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Tears, sighs, and hermits

I read this today in Orson F. Whitney's Elias: An Epic of the Ages:

Where perfect love casts forth the jealous fear,
A diamond in thy diadem each tear;
And every sigh that rent thy suffering breast,
A wave of rapture on the shores of rest.

These lines, identifying each tear and sigh with something quite different (a diamond, a wave of rapture), reminded me of a quatrain found in Blake's "The Grey Monk" and "I saw a Monk of Charlemagne":

For a Tear is an intellectual thing,
And a Sigh is the sword of an Angel King,
And the bitter groan of the Martyr's woe
Is an arrow from the Almighty's bow.

("For a Tear is an intellectual thing" is such a perfect line! Blake was a genius of the highest order.)

The idea of a Grey Monk already had me thinking about the Hermit card, and when I looked up and reread those Blake poems, I found that each also includes this stanza:

But vain the Sword and vain the Bow,
They never can work War's overthrow.
The Hermit's prayer and the Widow's tear
Alone can free the World from fear.

(In "The Grey Monk," this is immediately followed by the first stanza I cited above, which I think is poetically correct. In "I saw a Monk of Charlemagne," the line about the Almighty's bow is the final line of the poem, which is also poetically correct. Thus I link both versions, being unable to give my unqualified endorsement to either.)

Blake's reference to what "can free the World from fear" syncs with Whitney's "perfect love casts forth the jealous fear."

In "A dove from the fridge, a reaper angel, a white SUV, and An Account That Moooves," I dreamt of a Tarot card depicting a gray-robed angel with straight blond hair, holding a scythe. In the commentary on this in the post, I included images of two Rider-Waite cards: the Hermit, who wears a gray robe; and Justice, to whom straight blond hair is unique in that deck.

Justice is crowned and holds a sword. Combining this with the reaper angel on the dream-card, we get "a Scythe is the sword of an Angel King" -- differing from Blake's line by but a single phoneme.


We could also respell Blake's line as "a sai is the sword of an Angel King" -- meaning, presumably, the archangel Raphael.

1 comment:

Ra1119bee said...

William,
Given that the hermit has been in the sync stream many times
recently and yet again
on this post, I can't help but comment once again
about what I believe to be
the connection to my restaurant parking lot
sighting of the blue SUV
and the O HI O vanity license plate HMRETZ.

As mentioned when I first saw the plate I immediately saw
in my mind's eye the word' HERMT' which is why I took
a picture of the license plate.
I'm not really a cell phone picture taker like many people are.

As I previously commented about the experience,
because of your many hermit posts and this HMERTZ
experience I did a bit of research
and randomly came across David Jay Jordan's blog which
his esoteric and Biblical work immediately
got my attention as did this quote on his home page :
As Einstein said, "The most beautiful thing
we can experience is the mysterious."

As I previously commented, after I read several of Jordan's
posts especially about the German physicist Heinrich Hertz
( born Feb 22, 1857). I immediately thought that the license plate
was perhaps a clue to
the subject of Hertz frequency
and not necessarily Hermzt (Hermit), although they
are connected I now believe and perhaps
the reason why the sync fairies showed up,
as they always do when they are trying
to get our attention.



Both hermits and hertz having a personal connection
to me IRL. In this post you make reference
to the gray hermit and the grey monk.


Back story:
First as I've commented many times
IRL I had a past life reading in 1974
and was told of an incarnation in Tibet as a Monk.

Another IRL was in 2003 when something happened
to me personally ( sparked by the trickster, whom
I'm very familiar with ) which that experience
gave me an opportunity to disconnect from ego's
illusion i.e. the noise of everyday.

I retreated into the log cabin
( Marshall's and my home) for over 3 years. Log homes
for the most part are dark and being in the woods makes
it more so.

It's in the dark where we find the light.

Many ( or course not all )
of my very significant dreams and paranormal
experiences started around 2003.
My 11:11 dream/experience was one of them.

The cumulation of my lifetime of
paranormal experiences
and dreams is the reason I went to Monroe
in '05.

As you know, hermits and their solitary experience change their
frequency/HERTZ which we all do when we acquire
knowledge, especially paranormal knowledge.
And once your frequency change, it's very hard
to adjust to the noise again and perhaps
you agree with this as well.

Can't put Pandora back into the box.

And speaking of herman and hermits' and harts and
hearts and Monroe's frequency/ binaural beats
Oh My! :

Can't You Hear My Heartbeat---Herman's Hermits 1965
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYVMhfwak7o

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/blogs/blog/so-hemi-sync%C2%AE-works-but-how

Popular posts