I was sitting in a church chapel, which also seemed to be some kind of library or study hall, as I was sitting toward the back at a large table, while trying to read or study or something like that. At the front of the chapel hanging on the wall was a massive, very ornate clock. A really nice clock.As I was sitting there, a man I took to be a relative - I believe I viewed him as my uncle - came by with a couple others behind him and told me that I needed to destroy the clock. The reason he gave was that it was "distracting".I considered this sound advice after thinking on it, and apparently I had a shotgun at the table with me, because I pulled it out and shot the clock, completely destroying it. As I assessed the damage, I realized that the material of the clock had been comprised of moments or scenes - like built into the construction of it - and these scenes now were in something like individual pieces which I could see. Hard to explain.
Just now I saw this on /pol/, part of a meme posted at 5:30 p.m. the same day:
In Bill's dream, the clock is destroyed by gunfire. In the meme, it is destroyed by a hammer, but the hammer represents "war" and is thus firearm-adjacent.

2 comments:
The tie is even more direct in looking at the words used. In my dream, it was specifically a shotgun that I used, as you quoted.
Starting first with Gun, per Etymonline it means "an engine of war that throws rocks, arrows, or other missiles...", but then it gets more specific and mentions that it also comes from a woman's name Gunnhildr, with Gunnr (Gun) meaning "battle, war".
So, War = Gun. Now to Shot.
A shotgun fires small little balls, the "shot", all in one charge. The noun Shot actually refers to all kinds of projectiles, including specifically "a small ball".
A small ball in my symbolism, of course, refers to a Stone. So, Shot = Stone(s)/ Balls. This is where the Hammer in your image comes directly into play.
Hammer it seems from the Old Norse Hamarr meant "stone". Even more interestingly, the stone from its root is inferred to be sharp, "stone, sharp stone used as a tool". In the past, I have referenced the Stones in question as being like Spears or other sharp weapons (e.g., The Brittany Spears).
Thus, hammer = shot, and putting that all together, a Shotgun = War Hammer in this word and imagery puzzle.
The mention or concept of war definitely also fit with the second part of that dream after using the shotgun, which involved chess, a game involving two opposing sides each attempting to defeat the other.
Some solid links there.
In the meme, the perfectly engineered clock represents [text removed], and the war that smashes it is fomented by the [text removed].
Post a Comment