Saturday, July 18, 2026

The Stone Woman again

My last post, "You have bound yourself with oaths," brought the Moody Blues back into the sync stream. Remembering that I had posted about the anagram Embody the Soul before, I looked it up and found this: "The Moody Blues, Embody the Soul, snails and ammonites, stars and stones, blue ball of light" (September 2023). I had forgotten that it includes a reference to "the 'stone woman' of Mayan tradition," synching with a song that mentions Medusa and says "Will you turn to stone?" It hasn't been too long since I posted "The Stone Woman Mystery" (June 21), which deals with two different figures called "the stone woman," one of whom is a woman who turns to stone, and also includes a painting of Medusa.

1 comment:

WanderingGondola said...

I watched more Twin Peaks with J last night. We're on to the third season, made about 27 years after the previous one; three eps in, it's safe to say the weird level has reached eleven and will continue to rise. Anyway, right near the start of the first episode, protagonist Cooper was told to remember three things: the number 430, the names Richard and Linda, and "Two birds with one stone". I've absolutely no idea what those mean in context, but a reversed 34 and stone in close proximity sure hit my sync radar.

Popular posts