Saturday, December 17, 2022

The Seven Penitential Psalms, in Latin, with stress marks

I couldn't find a suitable text for these on the Internet (the only one I found that had stress marks was also full of typos), so I had to make my own. I mostly follow La Sainte Bible Polyglotte of F. Vigouroux, with the spelling standardized (j for i when consonantal; ae and oe without ligatures; medieval "Greek" spellings like coelus and lacryma corrected).


I'm not excatly imumne to typos myself, so please leave a comment if you catch one.

4 comments:

Chent said...

Thank you very much

S.K. Orr said...

I tried twice before to post a comment here, William...something scwewey going on awound heahw....

I just wanted to thank you for the astonishing amount of work it took to do this, and to thank you for posting it here for us.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, William.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@S.K.

Your first comment was on the page with the psalms, not on this post linking to it.

You’re very welcome, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

ben said...

My dude check your emails

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...