Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Cat bitten by radioactive spider
This is Geronimo, one of my home's nine or ten resident felines. I haven't the slightest clue how he managed to get up on top of this tchotchke cabinet, which is a sheer vertical face with no protruding shelves or anything to use as stepping stones. I think he forgot how he did it, too, since I had to use a stepladder to get him back down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...

8 comments:
Nine or ten. Cats are like kids, I guess. After five or six, you stop keeping track of the exact number.
The tenth comes and goes and doesn’t live here full-time.
Ah, I see. More of a depends situation rather than losing track.
Perhaps Joe Biden helped him up there, William. As I understand it, he pretty much has a hand in all noble acts. Just ask him.
That's a lovely piece of statuary in the cabinet, right side, middle shelf, the one next to the representation of a shirtless Francis Berger on a winter's day. I can't enlarge it sufficiently to really see it well....what is it?
Yes, he's the Theseus of our time, isn't he?
The objet d'art you're curious about is a Three-Piece Nesting Bethlehem Nativity Set.
For the record, the representation of me is far buffer and bluer than I am, even when I'm shirtless on a winter's day.
William, thank you for the info!
And Francis, thank you for being a good sport. I was hoping you knew I was just funnin'...
"the representation of me is far buffer and bluer than I am"
Not much of a Whig, then?
Post a Comment