Wednesday, December 6, 2023

To think that I saw it on Mulberry Street!

On the road, I just saw a motorcyclist, a young man with what looked like gang tattoos on his neck, dressed in baby-blue pajamas covered with pictures of Bugs Bunny and a pair of two-tooth wooden sandals like a geisha would wear. Never in my 19 years in Taiwan had I ever seen a Chinese person wearing such footwear. Nor, for that matter, had I ever seen a grown man, let alone a tatted-up gangster, wearing Bugs Bunny pajamas in public.

Not a dream. Really happened. I note it here because it seems too bizarre for the sync fairies not to have had a hand in it. Perhaps something to do with my recent references to "bugs"?

Note added: I usually try to keep AI "art" out of my posts, but I just had to document this epic fail:

4 comments:

Wade McKenzie said...

Something that stands out for me about the AI picture is the way in which the motorcyclist's right thigh seems to take the place of what would ordinarily be the motorcycle's gas tank, and the impression is even given that this fellow is one-legged. Also, there's some Chinese writing in the picture's upper right corner.

Craig Davis said...

Well, if AI designs it's overlord terminator robots as badly as it's motorcycles, we have nothing to fear.

Also, how many toes should a gangster rabbit/human hybrid have?

William Wright (WW) said...

In the Men in Black movie, which I included as part of my post on a few 'men in black' a few days ago, the bad guy is referred to as one of a race of Beings known simply as the Bugs.

In the movie, this Bug dons the disguise of a Man and wreaks havoc.

Perhaps a tie to this image of a gangster in baby blue pajamas? A soft, disarming outward appearance (perhaps even as a blue wizard or other Being) disguising a gang member (secret combination/ criminal) underneath? Though in the movie, the Bug's disguise becomes increasingly grotesque, so not very baby blue pajama-like, I guess. But he made an attempt, I suppose.

Wade McKenzie said...

Looking at the AI image again, with an eye toward the pagodas to right, left and behind, I can't help but wonder about "the joist". If you blow the picture up and scroll above the two ladies depicted at the image's left center edge, looking at the pagoda's structure you'll see a series of gold features running from left to right. Just below the first gold feature on the left, is something that might reasonably be construed as a joist. To its immediate right, the joist appears to emerge from another glob-like feature, which I find hard to describe, but I can almost discern an Arabic inscription embedded thereon.

Life ain’t easy for a boy named Shushan

On April 22, William Wright posted “ Shushan! ” The title is a reference to a scene in Johnny English Reborn where a male flight attendant ...