Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas

Lorenzo Ghiberti, Madonna and Child

Jesus said, "I am, above all, the Light. . . . From me did the All come forth, and unto me does the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up a stone, and you will find me there."

-- Gospel of Thomas, 77

By what we dismissively call "coincidence," Francis Berger is also thinking of the Gospel of Thomas this Christmastide.

It is a bleak world we find ourselves in this Christmas, bleak almost beyond imagining -- and yet it is a world into which the Christ of God has incarnated, permanently, and that makes all the difference. "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive" (1 Cor. 15:22).

Merry Christmas to all my readers, old friends and newcomers alike. Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.

2 comments:

Francis Berger said...

Coincidence? I think not. The only thing that causes coincidences is the peck.

Merry Christmas, Wm!

S.K. Orr said...

Merry Christmas, my brother.

Skeletor, hieroglyphic-bearing arthropods, and the Judgement

Some unmanned untethered free association here. It's a constitutional right, after all. My last post, " Eclipse skull and crossbone...