Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Blogroll updated

I've updated my blogroll (right sidebar, scroll down) to include (I think) all those blogs and only those blogs which I check at least a few times a month. I haven't deleted any for political reasons, and I haven't added any for reasons of reciprocity or general chumminess.

If your blog's not listed, it doesn't mean I don't like you. If your blog is listed, it doesn't mean I do like you, let alone agree with you most of the time. I think this kind of thing has to be honest -- rather than polite or politic -- if it's going to be of any use to anyone else.

I encourage others to make similar updates. And if you delete a link to my own blog, because after all you don't really read it all that often, no hard feelings!

1 comment:

Francis Berger said...

I think this is a good approach, but I look at my blogroll more as a "I read these bloggers; why not support them by visiting their sites?" sort of thing rather than as a declaration of all the different blogs I frequent.

In this sense, most of the blogs on my roll are small/obscure - with the exception of Bruce, of course. I read Vox Day a few times a week, and have mentioned his blog on mine in certain posts, but I don't put him on my blog roll because he is well-established gets millions of hits a month anyway (I'm assuming).

Anyway, that's my two cents worth, but I respect your approach all the same.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...