Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Return of the greene-ey'd Monster

Two days ago I posted "The greene-ey'd Monster, which doth mocke the meate it feeds on," in which I noted the synchronicity of seeing essentially the same green-ey'd image in an /x/ schizopost about how "burgers are made with people" and on an Uber Eats scooter. I was in moving traffic when I spotted the scooter, though, and wasn't able to snap a photo.

Today, quite some distance from my original sighting, I saw the very same Uber Eats scooter parked on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, in front of a rice paddy -- not at all the sort of place where you would usually see an Uber Eats scooter parked. It took a second for the green eyes to register, so I had to make a U-turn and go back to get a photo.



Notice also that the license plate suggests the word envy. My previous post had a title pinched from Shakespeare: Iago's speech in which he warns Othello to beware of jealousy.

The Chinese sticker under the green eyes says 藏樂組, which means "Tibetan music group." Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but one notes that cannibalism -- "flesh pills" made from Brahmins -- used to be a thing in Tibetan Buddhism.

No comments:

When you notice the stripes

I was recently digging through old files to find The Tinleys , and one of the things I ran into was "A Pedestrian Speech for Bill Clint...