Upon waking, my first thought was that this was likely a female servant of God, since the lozenge is the traditional shape of the escutcheon in an unmarried lady's coat of arms. My second thought was that the lozenge is the suit of Diamonds, corresponding to the Tarot suit of Coins or Pentacles. Putting these two thoughts together, I came up with the Nine of Pentacles, which belongs to the "lozenge" suit and portrays a noblewoman, such as might have her own coat of arms on a lozenge-shaped escutcheon.
Sunday, July 27, 2025
The lozenge is the servant of God
That's all I've been able to recover of a dream: "The lozenge is the servant of God." What bugs me is that I'm sure the dream was about two important symbols -- the lozenge and -- and -- but the thing is gone from me. Other than a vague sense of something circular, I cannot recall what the second symbol was or what it meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...

No comments:
Post a Comment