That post also referred to "a space/time warp" and "portals or time warps."
One June 27, I posted "Owl-collecting (grand)mothers, octopuses, and Hermit Portals." Following links from Mike Clelland's book Stories from the Messengers, I discovered the blog of his friend Laura Bruno, and particularly her page "Door Number 21: The Hermit Portal." Again we have the Hermit card of the Tarot associated with a "portal," and again an animal has been added to the card -- but this time it is not a deer but an owl:
Today I read in Stories from the Messengers the story of a man named Don who went deer hunting and experienced a strange sensation:
I began to get a strange feeling. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and everything in the forest went totally silent. It was extremely strange. It almost seemed like time itself stopped. It was as if myself and the area around me was in a bubble where everything had just stopped, as if the world was still going on around me but only outside that bubble that I was in.
While in this strange "bubble," Don sees a snowy owl flying right towards him.
As the owl glided by, I turned my head and followed it with my eyes. The owl, after looking me directly in the eyes, turned its head forward again. It flew straight down the trail I had been watching previously and disappeared into the trees. At that exact instant, a huge doe stepped out onto the trail right below the spot where the owl disappeared, and stood there.
Don shoots the doe but then has trouble finding the body. Eventually he finds it by following a red squirrel. When he finally finds the dead doe, he looks up, and the snowy owl is perched in a tree directly over the body.
Moving slowly, I began easing my way toward the doe. But the instant I moved, the squirrel ran away to a nearby tree about 30 feet away and ran up it, stopping and sitting on a limb, seemingly now oblivious to me. At the same instant the owl flew away, disappearing into the forest. The oddly silent, in-a-time-warp atmosphere went away gradually.
Don here uses that same expression, "time warp," to describe the strange atmosphere in which he saw both the owl and the deer.
This afternoon, an hour or two after reading this account, I was at the fire station filing some routine fire safety paperwork for my school. As I was leaving, I noticed that behind the fire station, some distance from the road, was an Indigenous Peoples Museum. (Taiwan is the original home of the Austronesian peoples, who later spread out to various islands from Madagascar to Hawaii.) I think I've noticed it there before, but today I felt a sudden, strangely powerful urge to go inside.
I walked through the very small museum, looking at the mildly interesting displays of textiles and weapons and musical instruments. I was the only patron, and the museum was dead silent -- a novel sensation in urban Taiwan, where true silence is a rare commodity. As I enjoyed the silence, I thought of Don's description of the "oddly silent, in-a-time-warp atmosphere" and wondered whether I would encounter any owl- or deer-related art in the museum. I didn't, though. The only animal motifs were snakes and wild boars.
Finally, as I prepared to leave the museum and go about the rest of my day, I noticed this on the wall opposite the restrooms -- not one of the exhibits, but some modern decorative art:
It shows two owls perched in a tree directly above a deer. Don also saw an owl in a tree directly above a deer. No other animals are depicted. And, due to the style of the art, the owls, the deer, and the tree all appear to be white, or off-white.



6 comments:
William,
Part 1 of 2
And speaking of white bark trees,
owls who sees in silent dark nights and days,
deer who appear everywhere it seems, portals that
leads to a place of no time, it seems, Oh MY!
You wrote:
"Today I read in Stories from the Messengers
the story of a man named Don who went deer hunting
and experienced a strange sensation:
"I began to get a strange feeling.
The hair on the back of my neck stood up
and everything in the forest went totally ****silent.
It was extremely strange."
and you wrote this:
"I was the only patron, and the museum was dead ***silent
-- a novel sensation in urban Taiwan,
where ***true silence is a rare commodity.
As I enjoyed the ****silence....."
~~~~~~
I wasn't aware of Taiwan's original people being
the Austronesian. I googled the Austronesian
and saw that they are people of color.
I wasn't surprised as in the dark we find the light.
The deer and owl share a crepuscular, nocturnal existence
so once again, the dark.
In the dark and in the silence, we find the light. The
cave serves that purpose as well. Recall
my many comments about the prophets who
emerge from a cave. They find the knowledge
in the dark and silence.
It interesting, at least to me,
that the art drawing with the deer and owls
was near a restroom. A 'rest' room is a place
with water, which water being a conduit to
the 'other side'.
In the drawing note the Rebis.
The 5 Austronesian people( with what appears to be
spiral curly ( not straight) hair ) are all holding hands
as ONE.
I also found the jar ( of honey perhaps? ) interesting.
Also interestingly the tree's branches. They
appear to be antlers. The deer seems to be 'one' with
the tree. Note that the rear of the deer is hidden
within the tree.
Also I thought the drawing of the tree bark is very unique .
You wrote:
"And, due to the style of the art, the owls, the deer,
and the tree all appear to be ****white, or off-white."
William
Part 2
Back story:
If you recall I commented about my odd Tree Man
experiences last week. As Marshall and I and Thomas
( the owner of the tree company ) were walking the
property in a final inspection of the work they
had done and for some odd reason
Thomas pointed out the two sycamore trees
and said how strong they were.
I immediately thought ...' hmmmm, that's odd' as why
would he mention the sycamore trees out
of all the gazillion other trees on our property.
The sycamore trees are not dead.
I began to tell Thomas about the metaphysical
story regarding the sycamores and the look on
Thomas' face was one of curiosity, however Marshall
stopped me and said' : Don't get started.
Which he was right.
If you recall William, I commented about a year or
so ago about the odd experiences with not only our dog
Jacob, but also the odd experience I had
with the three deer, whom I called Fawnsy,
Friendsy and Momsy.
Jacob sat between the 2 sycamore trees
the day before he died. Recall I shared that
experience with you. The following summer
after Jake died is when the 3 deer appeared.
They came to our property everyday even
when Marshall and I were outside sitting
on the porch. They weren't afraid of us.
Several times the two fawns laid down and spent
at least an hour or so. A couple of times the
fawns fell asleep in the garden which is extremely close
to the house. The sycamore trees
are also very close to the garden.
Several times the three deer would walk through the 2
sycamore trees exactly where Jacob
sat before he died. I began calling
that area the 'portal' .
Recall I sent you photos of the 'portal'.
Although the drawing of the tree in
the art work is not a sycamore
as sycamores grow straight up,
it's the unusual depiction in the drawing of
the trunk of the tree that got
my attention and your mention of the
white tree.
Copy and paste:
"Sycamore trees are large, fast-growing deciduous
trees known for their ***distinctive peeling bark,
broad lobed leaves, ***and long lifespan.**
"Have you ever noticed sycamore trees transforming
into stunning *****white giants, especially in late summer?
It’s a sight that catches your eye but
might leave you wondering what causes
***this striking change***.
~~~~~~~~
Note I placed asterisks around long life span
and also around reference to striking change,
both having to do with time.
Also interesting are several movies I've watched
in the last year or so that oddly have connections
with deer especially where it concerns End Times
prophecy. Not the end of the world, but
the end of an age which I've commented a gazillion
times that I believe we are on the precipice of.
Sync fairies be real busy.
https://treefluent.com/why-do-sycamore-trees-turn-white/
When I first scrutinized the Hermit card from Tarot of the Divine, I tried to connect the sundown that is clearly depicted therein with Spengler's "Untergang des Abendlandes" (in German, literally "sundown of the evening land," by which is meant "Decline of the West"). In other words, "time of day" plus "deep historical time"-- vast epochs, maybe even linear eternity. "Time is relentless," my father used to say. On a subsequent look at the Hermit card, I counted thirty-one stars in its ascetical night sky: 24/7 = 31.
Against this unrelenting backdrop of deep, deep [linear] time and eternity, I believe the hermit is seeking to de-temporalize and that that is what his quest for the white hart represents. So will his quest be successful or not? I suppose a lot depends on whether you believe that linear, historical time is an impassible boundary for mortals (and even in heaven, won't we retain a touch, a kiss, of mortality?); or, conversely, that it's possible for hermits-- sages and other Übermenschen, the spiritual ones-- to attain to timelessness.
Yet our business here is less to spout out our personal views, even our deepmost convictions-- it is rather to interpret the texts and images before us, that together comprise the sync-stream. And I believe that the Hermit card (so fruitful a find, that in three weeks' time it has made its fifth appearence topside) must ultimately be construed in the light of another image which came floating down the stream-- the eerie image of what I've taken to calling, far too prosaically, the skeletal cervine humanoid.
http://tiny.cc/h6w5101
That quasi-sinister image portrays what is the separate and distinct hermit and hart of the Hermit card having achieved a partial conjoinment: the hart's skull is now attached to the hermit's skeleton. All that remains is bone-- is it "bone of my bone?" Is it a good trade-- a deer head for a human, and a skull no less? Might it be said that the hermit has lost his mind? And let's not forget the blue and green color beams in the background. Because we came across these in the wake of various "white and red" syncs, including the "divine mercy image of Jesus" with its correlative fuchsia and white color beams, we were able to surmise that whatever the colors blue and green emblematize, it isn't divine mercy.
http://tiny.cc/57w5101
The other hermit card image that is featured above is even more suffused by blue and green, and the sentiment expressed-- the one about "all other doors"-- is "omni". Both the above hermit card images depict the hopeful moment when "omni" de-temporalization seems possible, desirable, attainable.
How does all this tie in with the original post? Let me say up front that William's had his share of great syncs over the years, and I think this is one of them. Wondering whether he'll find anything in the museum to do with deer or owls, on his way out, in the most innocuous of places, he finds that which he doth seek. I think the fact that it all takes place in a museum dedicated to the memory of the "indigenous people" of Taiwan, the so-called Austronesians, is highly significant. In a sense, in the museum, William really was in a kind of time warp; at the very least, he was having a look at the aftermath of one. Tens of thousands of years from now, when our own civilization has long since passed away, will there be a museum to it anywhere on earth? I think not, for I fear that museums themselves are a component feature of our civilization, an outgrowth of its animating ideal; and that, with its passing, so too will the idea of the "museum" die hard and be buried deep-- yet so long as there are "musea" anywhere on earth, our civilization gets a reprieve, and lives another day.
In terms of the history of the Tarot, the Hermit card of the Marseille and subsequent decks evolved from an Italian card called Time or the Old Man, and the central figure originally held not a lantern but an hourglass. Seems relevant given the "time warp" syncs. For the Rider-Waite Hermit's star lantern as a symbol of some sort of transcendence of linear time, see this old post:
https://magicianstable.blogspot.com/2022/03/temperance-hermit-and-hourglass.html
If you ask the "indigenous" people, they'll tell you that their ancestors exterminated a still older race that once possessed Taiwan: a dark-skinned pygmy people called the Da'ai. There are no museums to their memory.
Immediately after reading this on my phone, I opened the Play Store to check what apps had new updates; one of them was the Sennheiser control app (which I use for my wireless headphones). Taking a quick look at its Play Store page, one featured review seemed vaguely thematic in complaining that, even at its maximum level, the noise canceling feature doesn't block out "most of everyday life" (well duh, the tech has limits). It generally works well enough for my liking, although it also gives the world a slightly surreal quality.
Post a Comment