Thursday, March 3, 2022

Speaking of aliens, who's representing the US at the UN?

From this 4chan thread (via AC):


I've shown this picture to several people, and the reaction is always the same: What the hell is that? Everyone sees it like this at first:


What it actually is, is UN Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield, a black woman with rather big hair, wearing a black mask. What looks like the mouth is actually her right eye socket, her left eye is hidden in shadow, the neck is her mask, and the rest of the alien's head is her hairdo.


It's really, really hard to see the photo like that, though, even after you've been told what it is. It finally clicked for me, and I can now switch between alien and ambassador as with that famous duck-rabbit picture, but for a long time I just couldn't. Several of the people I've showed it to also just can't see it "correctly" even after it's been explained. It still looks much more LGM than LTG.


It's not literally a malfunctioning skinsuit, just a trick of the light, a coincidence. I think it's a significant one, though. Specifically, it's significant that of all the still photos of this UN meeting that NBC News could have chosen, they decided on this one! I think it's a message -- from God, or the sync fairies, or maybe even NBC -- about the true nature of the Powers That Shouldn't Be.

A further coincidence, of course, is this coming right after I posted about possible alien involvement in the global totalitarian revolution.

7 comments:

Bruce Charlton said...

I saw the alien, and I still see the alien...

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck - maybe it really is a duck? Can you be 100% sure it isn't?

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Well, it looks like a duck until suddenly it's a rabbit.

It's very hard to see it as a human -- until suddenly it's easy. I myself simply could not see it "correctly" for quite some time, not even with the assistance of a diagram by another 4chan anon showing that this is her eye, this is her mask, this is her hair, etc. Then the gestalt shift finally happened, and now I can see it either way with ease.

Perhaps something similar will happen to you if you keep looking at it.

Bruce Charlton said...

" if you keep looking at it"

That is exactly what I am trying to avoid...

ben said...

I get what I'm supposed to be seeing but that doesn't look like an eye socket to me...

This image elicits a strange fear/humour response in me. Uncanny.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

It seems that everyone sees the alien first, and many people can't see the human at all even when they "know" that's what it is. So isn't it extremely strange that NBC chose to use the image in the first place?

This is not a random screenshot by an anon; it's a still image selected by NBC. Here's the original video:

https://youtu.be/E9H_XxG9Qo4?t=461

a_probst said...

My skills with photo-enhancing software are hunt-and-peck, but I can make out that the 'mouth' is at least a shadow across both eyes with the bottom edge being the top of the mask. With sharpness enhancement, the 'crown' looks like a label with the letters 'AV' or 'RV'. I used a screenshot from the YouTube page at the link you gave for this attempt.

Yes, it is strange that an American newscast would not use a better image of our UN ambassador, seeing as how she is Biden's and not Trump's.

jorgen said...

Their shape shifting powers have a time limit apparently.

Knowledge is baking powder, France is baking.

Last night (the night of April 17), I visited Engrish.com , a site I used to check fairly regularly but hadn't been to in, oh, years pro...