Monday, March 24, 2025
New World Island - Bible Study
For those who haven't seen it already on Bruce's blog, David Earle, who runs the New World Island Romantic Christian blog aggregator, has a very clean, easy-to-use searchable Bible and Book of Mormon (King James Version and current LDS edition, respectively). This is extremely helpful, since there aren't really a lot of sites that let you search both books simultaneously, other than the official CJCLDS website, whose search function is terrible. Your work is much appreciated, David.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
10 comments:
Thanks William, glad you're finding it to be useful!
You can now search for multiple words/phrases by adding a plus (+) symbol to the query:
https://newworldisland.org/bible/?father+god
I've also added pagination so that you can view all search results now.
Thanks, David. You're a mensch.
One more request: Is it possible to have search results sorted according to the order in which they appear in the Bible/BoM (i.e., Genesis first, then Exodus, etc.)? Currently, it appears to sort the books alphabetically (1 Chronicles, then 1 Corinthians, etc.).
Yes that's a good idea. I went ahead and made the change. If you think of anything else, I will check back here.
There are many more search customizations I could add, which I may at some point, but my main intention is to keep everything as simple and lite as possible right now. Maybe a little "advanced search" dropdown...
David, nice tool! I wonder if it's on your roadmap to include the early versions of the BOM? I would find that very useful although there may not be others that would care that much.
Thank you Leo. Perhaps other editions and translations of scripture in the future, but I'm quite happy with where it's at now - this is what I've been wanting for some time - so I'll probably take a break for a while
David, today I searched for “ants” (looking for the verse in Proverbs) and got hundreds of irrelevant results for “servants,” “covenants,” etc. When I put the search prompt in quotation marks, I got no results at all.
Maybe you tried while I was making changes. It works for me:
https://newworldisland.org/uploads/2025-03-27_15-14-58.png
The issue appears to be smart quotes vs. ascii quotes.
I think I fixed it. I also added D&C and Pearl of Great Price scriptures...
It’s working now, thanks, and adding D&C and PoGP makes it even more useful.
Post a Comment