Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Coming up for air

Okay, I think in my last post I finally snapped myself out of this. It reminded me of how much I used to enjoy Walt Kelly as a child -- and how little patience I had for his periodic indulgence in "dark," sententious, joyless, "politically relevant" storylines. And what did I write at the end there? That I don't want to write about politics, but the synchronicity fairies are making me do it? The hell they are. Take a hike, synchronicity fairies!


Whose perceptions can be trusted? Those whose eyesight has adjusted. Letting one's eyes adjust too much to the dark -- searching out all the secret plans of Gadianton -- is a risky business. Sync for sync's sake is a mug's game, and light and love and the world above don't mean nothing to a mole. It's time to take a break.

So that's what I'm doing. No reading, writing, or engaging with anything topical, political, or evil until -- let me check my calendar -- February 9 of next year. You want to chat about politics or the deep things of Satan, I think I can pencil you in for then. Or not.

If any of you catch me backsliding on this -- posting topical stuff here or commenting on it elsewhere -- be sure to call me out on it!

3 comments:

Bruce Charlton said...

"be sure to call me out on it!"

Will do. (Unless I am enjoying your lapse.)

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Honesty ftw!

Bruce Charlton said...

Maybe it was the synchronicity *imps* that made you do it - not the fairies.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...