Monday, May 3, 2021

Droughts in Texas and St. George

The currently active synchronicity-stream began when I happened to think of "The Windows of Heaven," a Mormon movie in which Lorenzo Snow tells the people of St. George, Utah, that they must pay tithing to end a drought. Three days earlier, I had posted about the Bloodhound Gang song "The Bad Touch," which begins with these lines:

Sweat, baby, sweat, baby
Sex is a Texas drought

A few days later, I watched a video about the Gadianton Canyon Incident, which repeatedly referred to the city of St. George and also seemed to reference the Bloodhound Gang song "Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss."

The web of syncs expanded to include various other things, including crocodiles and several movies released in 2011. Serhei commented, "The crocodile bits jumped out at me as the prior day I'd just read Shelley's 'Mask of Anarchy,'" and quoted the lines where "Hypocrisy / On a crocodile rode by." I noted that the "Mask of Anarchy" also says of Murder "Seven blood-hounds followed him" -- linking back to the Bloodhound Gang.

Yesterday I checked the Anonymous Conservative blog, as I do most days. One of the items was "Texas farmers say 2021 drought already rivals 2011 drought." Clicking the link I found that the drought was not confined to Texas; the map showed that St. George, Utah, was also in the area marked "D4 Exceptional Drought." So that's the Bloodhound Gang's "Texas drought," the St. George drought of "The Windows of Heaven," and the year 2011, all in one headline!

No comments:

Build and strengthen

Last night I was once again creating a glossary to accompany an English reading assignment for my Taiwanese students. The article had to do ...