Friday, November 26, 2021

Just a random coincidence

I happened to teach these two pages (from two different books, for two different classes) on the same day.


One book uses the sentence "They eat meat every day" in a subject-verb agreement exercise. The other uses "We like to eat meat every meal" because it contains many instances of the "long e" sound.

Just after taking a photo to document this coincidence, I turned on my app that reads the Bible to me aloud. It read me a passage about eating meat.

And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God (Ezekiel 39:17-20).

3 comments:

A said...

What is the app you use?

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

https://www.lds.org/pages/mobileapps/gospellibrary

I've listened to everything from Genesis 1 to Ezekiel 40-something. So far everything is satisfactory except Exodus 14, which for some reason is read by a computer-generated Dr. Sbaitso voice instead of a human being. No idea why that one chapter is different.

The app has loads of Mormon stuff in addition to the Bible. I'm sure there are plenty of other apps that offer the same Bible functions and would be more suitable for non-Mormon Christians, but I don't know any in particular to recommend.

A said...

Thank you! I listened to the first chapter of John last night read uniquely (a very slow, thoughtful, peaceful approach) before bed and it was quite beautiful. It was in a “Hallow” app & I’d like to listen to more readings.

Annunciation rescheduled to coincide with eclipse

I just saw this on Ann Barnhardt's blog : March 25th is the fixed date of the great Feast of the Annunciation… BUT since March 25th fall...