I've turned on comment moderation for all my blogs to see if that solves the problem of disappearing comments. So, Bruce, SK, Otto, anyone else who has been affected, please try to comment on this post. If your comment still hasn't shown up after 24 hours, something's still not working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...

13 comments:
Testing from Brave...
Testing from Brave...
Testing from Safari...
I think my comments disappeared again, when using other browsers.
This comment is published using the Google Chrome browser.
Using other browsers, my comment even disappears after clicking "Preview" instead of "Publish".
So apparently I was wrong about that.
But the "Preview" feature still doesn't work in those other browsers.
Maybe try this?
(Brave) Does the first option on 'Who can comment' *really say* 80% (randomly selected) - or is that your joke?
On the same relevant page of blogger the option in that position (which is what I choose) is "Anyone (including anonymous)". But for much of my blog's history I chose the Users with Google Accounts second option, in order to cut down on spam.
This might be preferable to the repeated hassle of captcha and the 'Anyone comment' option, because I personally often find captcha difficult to get right first time.
Of course it’s a joke. I just wish someone would tell Google that!
@Wm - I can't get over how easy it is to fake screen shots...
If you looked closely, you’ll see I didn’t use quite the right shade of gray.
I’d tweak it to 83% random.
Test, test...is this thing on?
Actually, I am having problem commenting all over the place at present - even at Google blogs when I am signed-into Google already. Presumably, Sorathic demons have been encouraged to dwell in the internet...
Post a Comment