- Virtue upon virtue: I have previously discussed the natural evolution from Good to Luciferic to Ahrimanic to Sorathic. G here discusses evolution in the opposite direction: the progression from cool vice to hot vice to cool virtue to hot virtue.
- In my Father's house are many virtues: The four members of the master virtue set are associated with the four kingdoms of the afterlife in Mormon theology.
- The plan of virtue: The four members of the master virtue set are associated with premortal, mortal, and postmortal stages in the Plan of Salvation.
- The sower of virtues: The biblical parable of the sower is interpreted in terms of the virtue set.
Monday, July 26, 2021
Notice of G's recent work on virtue sets
G of the Junior Ganymede has been posting a lot of interesting ideas regarding the "virtue set" model. He has adopted the hot/cool terminology I proposed, where "hot" includes Ahuric virtue and Luciferic vice, and "cool" embraces Devic virtue and Ahrimanic vice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
No comments:
Post a Comment