Sunday, February 4, 2024

One-eyed × purple people eater

On February 2, William Wright posted "Purple People Eaters," and I followed up with my own post on the One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater theme, "I wouldn't eat you 'cause you're too tough." In a comment on my post, WanderingGondola wrote that she has a purple hoodie which a family member has nicknamed the Purple People Eater. She included a link to a photo of this hoodie, which is portrays a Pokémon called Gengar:


Interestingly, one of the Gengar cards I found online just now shows the creature with a long red tongue, a feature recently seen here in my January 25 post "Red chameleons, manticores, and vampires":


This evening I was wandering around an unfamiliar part of Taichung and passed one of those claw-crane machines. I belatedly noticed that it prominently featured a one-eyed monster -- the Monsters Inc. character Mike Wazowski -- which made me go back and look to see if there was anything else in there suggesting the Purple People Eater. Sure enough:



I have zero experience with Pokémon and can't tell a Snorlax from a Slowbro, and I certainly wouldn't have recognized Gengar had WanderingGondola not just brought it up.

No comments:

The Menelmacar mudra; the hot bee of Fatima; and spiritual experiences on Monday, July 22

Last night, while in the hypnagogic state (i.e. in the process of falling asleep), I heard a woman's voice repeating " Pika thlein,...