Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Orion on May 6, 2024 (Taiwan time)

This morning I bought the May 2024 issue of a magazine published in Taiwan and intended for students of English as a foreign language. It has one article for every two days of the month, excluding Sundays, plus one shorter article if there are an odd number of days.

The article for May 6 and 7 (Monday and Tuesday) is called "Getting Started with Stargazing" and features this illustration:

The dates are printed right above the picture of the constellation Orion.

William Wright's post "Orion and his most excellent pose" is dated Sunday, May 5, 2024 and includes this image:

The dates associated with these two Orions match almost perfectly -- as close as can be expected, given that the magazine has no Sunday articles. Taking the time difference into account, though, it's likely that we have a perfect match. I don't know what time of day William posted "Orion" (he can check this in his post editor if he feels so inclined), but if it was any time after 11:00 a.m. in Minnesota, it was already Monday, May 6, in Taiwan.

8 comments:

William Wright (WW) said...

11:03 am CT (Minnesota Time).

So looks like an exact match... but cut it close!

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

me: anytime after 11:00 is fine

sync fairies: 11:03.

Doctor Whomst said...

When we look at the stars,
we look back in time.
Every little dot has its own history,
and we can think of a score
as a similar composite image.

Of interest to other professional dot-connectors:

This video was recommended to me today about professional dot-connector JSB.

cae said...

It's been a while since I experienced any synchronicities, but here's somewhat of one, just today:

So, my husband, daughter, and I have long been huge Doctor Who fans, and today there's a comment by "Doctor Whomst" which is very similar to something I composed nearly 20 years ago:

When we look out into the night sky,
we are seeing both the past and future all at once.
For within the ever onward marching space-time of our firmament,
the stars shine back from long ago.

Carol

William Wright (WW) said...

A really interesting thing to note is that in my Orion post that you synced to, I call Orion the Alpha and Omega:

"What I will now suggest, and perhaps explore in a later post as part of my thoughts around Orion and the Being he represents, is that the name that this sign represents is likely THE NAME. The name of redemption, specifically the redemption of the Eldar, who woke up seeing the promise of that sign in the sky. It is both their beginning and it signified "the end", in that Menelmacar-Orion was a sign of the Final Battle at the end of days, and the ultimate victory of the Family of Light.


"Alpha and Omega. Beginning and End."


https://coatofskins.blogspot.com/2024/05/orion-and-his-most-excellent-pose.html


Revelation, the book that you just wrote about in your latest post and just started reading today/ yesterday, is the only place in the Bible, I believe, where you will find a Being identified by that name.


Another cool thing? This also connects with 22. Alpha and Omega references are round in Revelation 1, 21, and... 22, the final chapter in the Bible (the KJV version at least).

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Carol, that's really quite similar to what Dr. Whomst wrote.

A few days ago, I read this in John Keel's Operation Trojan Horse:

"The light from a distant star may take 30 years to cross space and reach us. We can see a nova (exploding star) 1,000 years after it has actually burst and vanished. With strong telescopes, we can peer into the past."

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

WW, the Theogony is about the beginning of the world, and Revelation is about the end.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Back in 1996, I actually wrote some verses of my own about seeing stars that have long since disappeared, and I used a line from Revelation as an epigraph: "These things saith he that hath the seven stars: I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead" (Rev. 3:1).

If any man have an ear, let him hear

My recent post “ Trump’s pierced ear ” led me back to my 2020 post “ Here come the twenties ,” in which I proposed as a theme song for the p...