Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Dijon Butler confirmed

In my August 4 post "Dijon Butler and Elder J. Humpty Dumpty," I noted that D. John Butler, the "GA name" under which Dave Butler publishes Mormon-related content, sounds similar to Dijon Butler and linked this to Dijon mustard. In the latest episode of Ward Radio (published just two hours before I'm publishing this), Jonah Barnes refers to Butler as "Brother Dijon," pronounced with a French j and everything. Later Cardon Ellis makes a mustard joke.

Cardon: Right now they're selling Dave Butler's book -- or D. John Butler, as we call him in more polite society -- but they're selling In the Language of Adam. Make sure that you guys --

Jonah: What is he called in impolite society?

Cardon: You know, Big Mustard.

So I'm not the only one to have made that connection.

No comments:

Dijon Butler confirmed

In my August 4 post " Dijon Butler and Elder J. Humpty Dumpty ," I noted that D. John Butler , the "GA name" under which...