Saturday, January 9, 2021

A reminder: Trump still wins

My absolute confidence in this has recently been confirmed yet again in as unambiguous a manner as I could have asked for. Yes, I know no one else believes that. Yes, I know it seems utterly impossible at this point. Nevertheless, it is true. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but Donald J. Trump will serve his second term.

You don't see it? Well, why should that surprise you? You're not supposed to see the future.

Update: John C. Wright is one of the few to share my certainty in this regard. I am honored to be in such company.

1 comment:

Bruce Charlton said...

Thanks for pointing out the JCW piece, which was very timely for me - and helped crystallise some latent ideas.

My confidence does not extend to a specific outcome; but that this process has been of great benefit (enough to extend the End Times, perhaps) - and that the result will be decisive.

My guesses: If it is decisive for Good, then a long period of material 'war' will ensue as theose aligned with Good begin to win back lost ground.

If decisive the other way it will be more like a 'genocidal' (but deniable) onset of mass extermination, than war.

The first will be characterised by hope and courage; the second by fear and despair.

Build and strengthen

Last night I was once again creating a glossary to accompany an English reading assignment for my Taiwanese students. The article had to do ...