Sunday, January 10, 2021

Open your eyes.

There will be no armed rebellion to right this injustice, if I read the signs of the times aright. Swords will not be necessary. Heaven will fight for us.

-- John C. Wright

Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.

And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, "Alas, my master! how shall we do?"

And he answered, "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see."

And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

-- 2 Kings 6:14-17

Maid of Heaven, pray for us!

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I happened to read this very passage in my morning prayers November 3, 2020—election day. I follow the 1928 Book of Common Prayer lectionary for my daily devotions, so the reading of 2 Kings 6 was not intentional on my part. You can look it up yourself: Morning Prayer, Tuesday of the Twenty-First Sunday after Trinity: First Lesson, 2 Kings 6:15-23.

Is this one of those synchronicity things?

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

It must have made an impression if you still remember which passage you read on that particular date. I see it as a reminder that the real war is spiritual and not visible.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...