Sunday, January 10, 2021

Et tu? Et three? Et four?

I know 2020 should have gotten me used to the fact that almost everyone is on the devil’s side, but I still find myself being shocked, and shocked again, and shocked again, as one “decent chap” after another enthusiastically embraces the Benedict Arnold Option. To those who have not, thank you. Even if I don’t know you, the mere fact of your existence is a source of strength.

I no longer believe this is the end of the world, but it is undeniably an apocalypse — a revelation, an unveiling. When the green field comes off like a lid, revealing what was much better hid: unpleasant! But Good is being revealed, too, if you open your eyes.

Seriously, open your eyes. Yes, you.

1 comment:

Bruce Charlton said...

My reading is that things have maybe got better over the past month or so.

Maybe the world (a few weeks ago) was so thoroughly bad that it needed to be destroyed; but now is worth 'saving'. What that saving entails in material terms - I don't know.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...