Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Wake up, little Susie

Last night, two songs popped into my head. The first, the Pomplamoose rendition of "It's The End Of The World As We Know It," I posted; the second, I didn't, because I couldn't see its relevance: "Dear Prudence" as performed by Siouxsie and the Banshees.


This morning, I was reading a Taiwanese magazine for students of English and my attention was drawn to a full-page advertisement, all in Chinese except for a single English word that jumped out at me: Suzy.


At that exact moment, my phone informed me that I had just received an email, and I checked it:

Dear William,

Shortly after reading your post today, I was listening to CCR on youtube and the second song that came up was Suzie Q.  I don't know how it fits in with the other synchronicities, but maybe it's relevant.

Is this an attempt by the synchronicity fairies to make me take Q seriously, something I have never done before? Or does the name Suzie/Suzy/Siouxsie have some specific relevance?

I thought of this.


Slow Joe is Biden, of course. When I first started thinking about Fox in Socks, I noticed that Sue and Crow suggest the Sioux and the Crow, two closely related American Indian tribes. This of course ties in with Siouxsie and the Banshees.

And then I thought of the Everly Brothers song that gives this post its title. I had been predicting before that Trump's victory would be finalized by January 10, but obviously that didn't happen.

Well, I told your mama that
You'd be in by ten
Well, Susie, baby
Looks like we goofed again

But Susie still goes home, of course, just not on schedule.

2 comments:

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Sew, a needle pulling thread

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Today I learned that the phrase “Great Awakening” is associated with Q. Wake up, little Susie, wake up.

Annunciation rescheduled to coincide with eclipse

I just saw this on Ann Barnhardt's blog : March 25th is the fixed date of the great Feast of the Annunciation… BUT since March 25th fall...