Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Q*bert

We made an addition to our menagerie some months ago -- an abandoned kitten whose bright orange color and stumpy, cylindrical tail made his name all but inevitable: Q*bert. And naturally enough, we soon started calling him Q for short.


It took me a while to realize the implication, and to say to myself, "Dude, you have an orange cat named Q! How MAGA is that?" But of course, the fact remains that his real name is Q*bert, after the eighties video game character, and that any resemblance to conspiracy theories living or dead is purely coincidental.

Ah, coincidence!

Later, when I saw this Babylon Bee story, I didn't immediately make the connection.


Then I realized that's Q -- pro-Trump conspiracy-theory Q -- and Bert. Q*bert.

In my last post, I revisited the They Might Be Giants song "The Guitar," suggesting that the lion in the song might represent Trump. Shortly after 9/11, I had interpreted the same song as a "prophecy" of that event, with the lion standing for Osama bin Laden.

Hey, remember this?


The Bangladeshi protesters, searching the Internet for pictures of Osama to download and put on posters, had inadvertently included a "Bert Is Evil!" meme in the mix.

My Q*bert is a cat -- as is another Bert always described as "evil."


Catbert is the creation of Scott Adams, who since 2015 has been blogging pretty much non-stop about Donald Trump. Checking his blog just now, I see that the most recent post highlights the forbidden letter.

2 comments:

Darren said...

I'm wondering what Q was myself. I've seen proofs that shows it really was connected to Trump, but other than that it's not clear what the point or purpose was (especially if it doesn't pan out, as it appears none of the major promises have).

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

I have no opinion about Q. I just follow the syncs.

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...