Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The number of Enoch's years and of Abraxas

If you calculate the S:E:G: value of this post's title (i.e., add up the ordinal values of its constituent letters, where A = 1 and Z = 26), you'll find it adds up to 365. According to Genesis, that's how many years Enoch lived before "God took him" (Gen. 5:23-24), and it's also the value of the name Abraxas in Greek isopsephia. I discovered, or contrived, this many years ago.

In the past few days, I discovered the YouTube channel of Galahad Eridanus and watched all his videos. He talks a lot about Abraxas, emphasizing not only that his name adds up to 365, but that it consists of 7 letters -- thus encoding a year and a week simultaneously. (He mentions this in more than one video, and I can't be bothered to check which ones. Just watch them all; there aren't many of them, and they're all very well done.)

Today, I randomly decided to weigh myself. Our bathroom scale is an odd one. It gives weights to the tenth of a kilogram, but some bizarre malfunction causes it to display double the weight of whatever is put on it. I tested this pretty thoroughly when the malfunction first started (which was during a period of poltergeist activity) and confirmed that it is still perfectly accurate so long as you divide the number it gives you by two.

Today it informed me that I weigh 147.3 kilograms. Dividing that by two, we get 73.65 -- that is, 7 followed by 365.

At the same time that I've been watching videos about Abraxas and dealing with all these syncs, I've also been working (as a sort of tangent that spun off from my study of the Book of Mormon) on a radically different timeline for the biblical Exodus, which presupposes that the Israelites were in Egypt for a far shorter time than the 430 years given in Deuteronomy. This grew organically out of my Book of Mormon work and has nothing to do with the Abraxas stuff.

According to Joseph Smith, Enoch didn't live 365 years; he lived 430 years -- 65 years before the birth of Missile Man and 365 after.

As mentioned in my 2022 post "It's April 27," this turned out to be significant when I discovered that I had posted about a dream of a many-eyed whale on the 430th anniversary of John Dee and Edward Kelley's vision of a many-eyed whale. The term Enochian is synonymous with the work of John Dee.

All those John Dee whale syncs seem to be bubbling back up to the surface. Whales are appearing again, as are Aleister Crowley (who claimed, credibly in my opinion, to be Edward Kelley reincarnated), Choronzon, magical stones, etc.

Slow down, sync fairies! I can only keep track of so many threads at once.

1 comment:

WanderingGondola said...

At first I thought this was going to meander for something that seemed minor, but on final read before hitting submit, maybe it's not so small. See what you think. As you say, sync is sync...

Though playing games is a low priority in my foreseeable future, I haven't entirely stopped collecting them. A week ago I bought two Nintendo Switch titles: the popular Xenoblade Chronicles 3, and the new rerelease bundle of lesser-known Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and its prequel. (At first glance their only similarities are belonging to the Japanese RPG genre and containing both fantasy and sci-fi elements, but I'd forgotten they were made by the same developer. Also, the worlds of both titles are missing water-based oceans, instead placing civilisation among the clouds -- Baten Kaitos has floating islands, while Xenoblade's environments are generally on the backs of titanic beings.)

Upon arriving home that day, I put both games on top of a small stack of books in my room. It's within both habit and reason that I either kept the payment receipt with the games or left it in my backpack, which sits near the end of my bed when not in use. When I got up this morning, however, the receipt was lying on the floor, next to the backpack. Either my object-placement memory is even spottier than usual, or someone/something moved the receipt while I slept. I'm leaning towards the latter, partly as when I woke yesterday, I laid there blankly for a moment then somehow thought of the word strange, prompting the theme song of classic Aussie kids' show Round the Twist to burst into my head seconds later.

Whatever happened with the receipt, it got me thinking about the games alongside reading this post. At first I only considered Baten Kaitos, which I'd played about halfway through upon its original release. Two things I recall were each character having a unique set of wings, and a quick shot of a whale. During my morning bus trip I checked Youtube, and found the whale near the end of an introduction that plays before even starting the game. Wiki's note that the player acts as a sort of guardian spirit for the main character (something I'd forgotten) seems relevant too.

As for Xenoblade, up to now I've only played part of the second game of the trilogy. Kind of convenient, as searching for "Xenoblade whale" gave me the titan Uraya, which appears early on. Along with being very whale-like, it is (as far as I saw) the only titan with explorable environments inside instead of on it.

When you notice the stripes

I was recently digging through old files to find The Tinleys , and one of the things I ran into was "A Pedestrian Speech for Bill Clint...