Thursday, October 26, 2023

The statue is still getting me high: Dick, Rilke

The October 24 post "William Wright is back -- and he's bringing syncs" introduced the 1992 They Might Be Giants song "The Statue Got Me High" into the sync-stream. I connected it with this photo I took last year:


I had originally posted this photo in "Blasphemy against Zeus, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and whale vision," the name Dick being the central connecting link. A white Starbucks cup had been in the sync-stream at that time, and the name Starbucks comes from Moby-Dick. Dick Diver is Fitzgerald's autobiographical character in Tender Is the Night. The cup on Fitzgerald's head made him look like Serapis, which is a link to Zeus. Zeus Is a Dick tied in with the John Dee "God is a whale" theme. Oh, speaking of whales, "The Statue Got Me High" is from this album:


I had linked the photo of the two books to "The Statue Got Me High" because a giant white teacup and saucer feature prominently in the music video, and because of the line "The monument of granite sent a beam into my eye."


Last night, someone posted on /x/, asking "How do I have psychedelic experiences without taking any drugs?" -- a statue getting you high would be one obvious example of this! -- with this accompanying picture:


One of the commenters identified the man in the picture: "That's Philip K. Dick receiving info from VALIS. True story." VALIS is God. The name Philip has been in the sync-stream, associated with headlessness.

A couple of days ago I started reading Rilke, my previous exposure to his work having been limited to cultural osmosis. I posted one of his poems on my Book of Mormon blog on October 24. Not until this present post brought in the name Apollo and the theme of headlessness did I think of what is arguably his best-known poem (not among those I've read recently, but everyone knows it), which may have been one of the inspirations (Don Giovanni being the other obvious one) for "The Statue Got Me High":

Archaic Torso of Apollo

We cannot know his legendary head
with eyes like ripening fruit. And yet his torso
is still suffused with brilliance from inside,
like a lamp, in which his gaze, now turned to low,

gleams in all its power. Otherwise
the curved breast could not dazzle you so, nor could
a smile run through the placid hips and thighs
to that dark center where procreation flared.

Otherwise this stone would seem defaced
beneath the translucent cascade of the shoulders
and would not glisten like a wild beast's fur:

would not, from all the borders of itself,
burst like a star: for here there is no place
that does not see you. You must change your life.

2 comments:

Ra1119bee said...


William,

2 parts

Part 1

Very interesting information about light and light beams.
If you recall I shared this link and information
about Optogenetics/Light in a previous comment on your blog. (see link below)

Also you wrote:

"Last night, someone posted on /x/, asking "How do I have psychedelic experiences without taking any drugs?" -- a statue getting you high would be one obvious example of this! -- with this accompanying picture:

My response:
As I previously shared, I personally believe that our Soul, housed in our Pineal Gland and tapped through the Third Eye is the gateway/doorway/portal to the other side/esoteric/metaphysical/ Universal Knowledge aka The Sacred Science.

IMHO No 'drugs' needed.

In your post, the illustration of the man in the chair seems to suggest this
Third Eye connection as well.

This is interesting (from Wiki Copy and Paste) information
about the Pineal Gland and seems to suggest much
of what I've come to believe:

"Seventeenth-century philosopher and scientist René Descartes discussed the pineal gland both in his first book, the Treatise of Man (written before 1637, but only published posthumously 1662/1664), and in his last book, The Passions of the Soul (1649) and he regarded it as "the principal seat of the soul and the place in which all our thoughts are formed".[75]" ( see link below )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ra1119bee said...


William

Part 2

Also, in the article is information about the calcination of the pineal gland
aka 'brain sands' called Corpora Arenacea.

The calcite forms a CRYSTAL which is very interesting, at least to me,
because if you recall I shared my March 1997 Hale Bopp dream with you in a previous
comment and that dream's connections to crystals.

To recap, in the March 1997 dream (a dream I had 2 days BEFORE the announcement of the Heavens Gate Mass Suicide) the "Space Man" telepathically told me that
it was time to go.
After I responded that I didn't want to go, he gave me a Styrofoam cup
with an opaque/milky crystal inside the cup.
The Space Man telepathically told me that if I wanted to stay on Earth, I
had to ingest the crystal if I wanted to remain 'human'.

This calcination information about the Pineal Gland, which I just found today 10/26
makes sense to me and explains the Hale Bopp dream especially the 'crystal/stone'.

Here's a copy and paste excerpt about Calcite (see link below)

"Calcite is transparent to ***opaque*** and may occasionally show phosphorescence or fluorescence. A transparent variety called "Iceland spar" is used for optical purposes.

The rhombohedral form may also have been the "sunstone" whose use by Viking navigators is mentioned in the Icelandic Sagas."
~~~~~~~~~~~~

VERY Interesting the Sunstone' reference, no? (see link below)

After a lifetime of esoteric experiences and dreams I attended the Monroe Institute's
Gateway program in 2005, as somewhat of an attempt to make sense of what was going on with me. (see Third Eye Spies and the Monroe Insitute links below)

Everything is Connected...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2012/04/ideaslabs-amnc11-new-frontiers-optogenetics

Third Eye Spies (2019) | Official Trailer HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBokQomPr_g

Third Eye Spies (FULL DOCUMENTARY) CIA, ESP, Psychic Program, Spy Secrets, Declassified Documents
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WUaS_Ynd_M

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpora_arenacea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunstone_(medieval)

When you notice the stripes

I was recently digging through old files to find The Tinleys , and one of the things I ran into was "A Pedestrian Speech for Bill Clint...