Friday, July 5, 2024
Unhenned
I dreamed about a soon-to-be-published book called Unhenned. The author, rumored to be a major literary figure writing anonymously (I imagined him looking like Philip Roth), had released photos of the cover — all red, with just the one word Unhenned on it — but refused to reveal anything else about it, not even whether it was a novel or a work of non-fiction. Rumors swirled, mostly about how misogynistic it was probably going to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Following up on the idea that the pecked are no longer alone in their bodies , reader Ben Pratt has brought to my attention these remarks by...
-
In a comment on " Drill, baby, drill! " Bill writes, referring to my posts about the poem by Christina Rossetti: The last, and it ...
-
“ Turnum outknaves all three ” sent me back to my 2023 dream post “ Narrative Reasoning ,” which begins with a quote from Turnus and ends wi...
-
It's been a while since I clicked for a randomly selected /x/ thread . I tried it today just in the spirit of "Is this thing on?...
-
Mark your calendars, and in the meantime find something else to read. Note added: For those who have asked, nothing is wrong, and my decisi...
-
Back on August 17, Bruce Charlton posted an episode from the old children's TV show Pipkins (which I had never heard of), in which Hart...
-
But Men shall remember Atlantis's name Come hell or high water! Sith both of them came, It rests unforgotten, and what we now tell Skill...
-
This morning, a preschooler dropped a case of alphabet stamps. These had been in alphabetical order, but when he picked them up, he paid no ...
-
In a comment on " Ascending to the black star ," Bill brought up a game called The Blue Prince , and so on a random whim I searche...
-
My mention of a "Buddhist text" in my last post was probably misleading, making it sound like I was poring over Mahayana scriptur...
4 comments:
Oooooh....maybe it's a pseudo-biographical thriller about an egg farmer facing the loss of his flocks to culling by overzealous bird flu officials!
Alternate title, "Silence of the Chickens".
;^)
I am recently unhenned. We sold nearly 40 chickens right before we moved back to our home state (which, incidentally, was one of the worst places for birdemic tyranny, but home is home). There was also a hawk attack at the same time, where we lost Cookie Cutter and Mini Cookie Cutter, our kids' favorites. Cookie Cutter was a sweet little silkie, our first home-hatched chick. She became broody before she ever laid an egg, and Mini Cookie Cutter was the first chick she hatched and raised. They were nearly identical when they died.
Sorry to hear about your hens, Heather.
In the dream, people generally assumed that the title meant something like "without a controlling woman in one's life" (i.e. not in a position to be "hen-pecked").
I have a guess on who the Unhenned are (and also the Hen). May or may not be something to it. Rather than try and condense it into a comment here, I put really quick post together.
https://coatofskins.blogspot.com/2024/07/unhenned-book-about-israel.html
Post a Comment