That's about the biggest shark I've ever seen!
A few minutes later, I went to my Google Photos account. Apparently Google is trying to jog distant past-life memories now.
Those were the days! Not a cell phone in sight. Just people living in the moment.


5 comments:
It's possible to look at this picture and suppose that the whale is emerging from a stargate-type wormhole; so, another iteration of the "portal" theme, the space/time warp. It's even possible to look at this picture and imagine that it is outer space, rather than ocean depths.Wasn't the whale an emblem of God himself in the John Dee syncs? We've recently pondered the hermit as Odin the Allfather, as God. And in "my story" Odin is the wise one who travels the abyss. Perhaps that's what we see here, and His ravens accompany Him.
Wade, what's this "whale" you're talking about? Did you mean the white and black shark?
“DeerHer” (in the post “DeerHermit”) is an anagram of “heed err,” and on the assumption that errors that enter the sync-stream might be even more fruitful than accuracies, perhaps it would behoove me indeed to revise my previous comment from whale to shark. I lose the analogy to Dee’s whale divine, but gain, if gain it be, the ultimate predator at cosmic scale. Is it our new friend, the Star Swallower? So it would seem. In any case, we’ve just effected a transformation worthy of Ovid, from God to Devil. “White and black,” or “black and white,” implies an absolute simplicity of moralism, that might conceivably apply to either the divine or the diabolical.~Wade
Squinting at the signature in the prehistoric picture, I thought it said "Heiner Harder", but searching that pulled up Heinrich Harder, a German artist who painted prehistoric scenes.
NLR's scrutiny of the second image's painter's signature, caused me too to pay some attention to the picture. I think it's interesting that the painter's surname is also an English word. Now, NLR initially thought Herr Harder's first name was "Heiner." I googled Heiner and learned that it is indeed a nickname for Heinrich. I also discovered that Heiner is uniquely used to designate a born and bred denizen of the city of Darmstadt, which is quite close to Frankfurt. What's interesting about Darmstadt? Hard to say, but it has been officially designated a "Wissenschaft city." Supposedly, it's a center for European space operations and research. Also, according to Wikipedia, the largest pharmaceutical company in the world, Merck, is headquartered there.
The caption--Remember this day?--reminded me of a Pink Floyd song entitled "Remember a Day." I feel certain that I hadn't listened to it since I was a teen. The song is basically about remembering childhood, and I found it intriguing that, in listening to it again after all these years, I was remembering my faraway youth. That sent me off listening to a few other songs I like. Something notable that I came across: I watched the "official" video of the Rolling Stones song "2000 Light Years from Home." According to Google, it was filmed in autumn 1967 and was first shown on British TV on December 21, 1967. In the video, Mick Jagger wears headgear that is at least a near approximation of a Phrygian cap. "Remember a Day" was also recorded in 1967.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BNsf1oEeCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3j9SHBxU9g
Post a Comment