Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Seven twenty-two

I had had a meeting scheduled for this afternoon, but the client called to ask if we could reschedule it to 7/22. Minutes later, I was reading White Crows, and one of the characters checks the time and says, "It's seven twenty-two now."

Now, about an hour later, as I'm typing this, the Global Goblet is on the TV across the room, Argentina vs. Switzerland. They keep replaying a few seconds where numbers 7 and 22 are the only Swiss players on the screen.

8 comments:

Wade McKenzie said...

The "Global Goblet"--I love it. Speaking of the Global Goblet, in 2022 the World Cup was scheduled to take place in 7/22 (July of 2022) per usual, but was unprecedentedly "re-scheduled" to December of that year out of concern for the host nation's (Qatar) very hot summers.

Fast forward to this year's Cup, and in an incredibly controversial move, Swiss player #7--whose surname is Embolo, apparently an African term of positive import meaning something like "strength"--received a red card and was sent off, forcing Switzerland to play a man down--a well-nigh hopeless endeavor--for the remainder of the match against Argentina. He was sent off in the 72nd minute, which echoes 7/22. The score was 1-1 when that happened, die Schweiz was smelling blood, and an upset of the #1 ranked Argentines was brewing; Argentina went on to win 3-1.

The other Swiss player, #22, is surnamed Rieder, which I am reliably informed is related to our own word "reed," and literally means "dweller near the marsh or reeds."

Ra1119bee said...

William,
22 is the master number meaning movement/builder.
Copy and paste:
"What Does 22 Mean in Gematria?
The number 22 is known as the ****Master Builder***
in numerology.

It combines the ****spiritual insight of 11****
with practical manifestation.
In Hebrew, the alphabet contains exactly 22 letters,
making this number sacred in Kabbalistic tradition."
~~~~~~~~
7 is the completion.
Recall my comments and the photo I shared
about the blue SUV in the parking
lot with O HI O vanity license plates of HMERT Z,
which I immediately read as Hermit ( the Z replacing the I ).

Z in Hebrew is Zayin and is the number 7.
copy and paste:
"The meanings of this letter are**** "harvest," "food"
as from the harvest, "cut" from the function
of the implement and "broad" from its shape."
~~~~
Recall my many comments about the number 22.
It's hidden everywhere!!!! ( as is 11 ).
Especially in movies.

11 is the visionary and 22 works(builds ) to manifest
the vision. 33 is the creation/completion (Rebis )
of the 11 and 22.

Switzerland is the home of the 8's. The octagon. The twin 22's.
2+2+2+2.

clip from Twenty-two---Twilight Zone 1961
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uqeF_2qLCw&t=125s

Taylor Swift - 22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgFeZr5ptV8

https://gematriacalc.net/number/22

https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/ancient-alphabet/zayin.htm

William Wright (WW) said...

Seven twenty-two came up for me as well again last week, in the form of July 22.

I had a short dream sequence in which a woman named Buttercup was reading a story about Peter Pan. As she was reading the story and learning various details, she began to realize (or remembered something she had forgotten) that her husband was actually the real-life Peter Pan.

As I was waking up, there was a phrase that went "The people made cream on July 22".

Cream originally comes from an Old French word which means "chrism, holy oil". I was unfamiliar with chrism as a term in seeing this, and looking it up I guess it is a holy oil that is typically associated with church or religious rights, specifically baptisms, confirmation, and ordination, and ultimately the presence of the Holy Ghost. Per the US Conference of Catholic Bishops: "Chrism is a sign of the Holy Spirit"

There have also been plenty of other references to cows, milk, cream, and cream to have that meaning of cream be symbolically relevant as well.

William Wright (WW) said...

Soon after typing the above, a homonym word game came to me involving the word "People' from that dream phrase I shared. I've worked through enough of these homonym games in the past to give some weight to the thought.

In this case, People, which I heard with the rest of the phrase audibly, would be a homonym for Peep Hole. I think you remember that I've used a Hole (including Black Holes), strangely, as something symbolically representing the Stone, specifically the Rose Stone in many cases. This has come up in such things as that image I drew of something that looked like both a Ball and a Hole on the woman's forehead and more generally as as the Stone facilitating some kind of passage or door to somewhere far away.

As Romilly explains in Interstellar, a hole in 3 dimensions is a sphere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXDHwCv5rhQ


So that is Hole, and again is something fairly well documented in past writings as equivalent to the Stone (another that now comes to mind is Eric Cartman's hairy a-hole).

These Stones seem to be synonymous with the Palantiri from Tolkien's world, and the Seer Stones from Joseph Smith's and the Book of Mormon. Another name for the Palantiri were Seeing Stones, or Seer Stones.

Joseph Smith's Seer Stone and/ or Urim and Thummim were (and still are) called Peep Stones - something someone looks or peeps into. Thus, we have People = Peep Hole = Seer Stone.

Of some additional symbolic interest, a Peep Hole is also something that is part of a door.

Wade McKenzie said...

Okay, I was watching "Pulp Fiction" tonight (I dissembled in an earlier comment when I claimed I'd never seen it before), and in an early scene just prior to one of the movie's most famous segments, Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) and Vincent (John Travolta) are milling about in the hall of an apartment building when they go to one of the doors thereof. Just before knocking, Jules asks Vincent what time it is. He looks at his watch and says, "7:22."

Wade McKenzie said...

When I left my last comment above, I was, so to speak, "cataloguing" a sync and I didn't give it much thought beyond that. In hindsight, I failed to render the whole sync, and I also omitted to reflect upon its possible significance.

Standing before the apartment door, Jules asks Vincent the time. Vincent looks at his wristwatch and replies, "7:22." Then, Jules says something to the effect that it's too early, so they return to milling about the hall and resume their conversation. The effect is, I think, to build suspense about what will happen when they finally do pass through the door. And, indeed, when that scene comes to pass, it will ultimately--please recall that that scene is disconnected, and continued later on in the course of the film--issue in a conversation about chance and divine intervention.

What do the 7 22 syncs mean? Tomorrow (where I am) is 7/22, could that be it? Might the scene from the movie actually be the principal import of the syncs? That idea, in lieu of a better, ought to be given sober consideration. Namely, it's too early--in the movie, it's too early but it doesn't take long for them to return to the door and knock--but you/we/someone will soon pass through a door that gives rise to a reflection upon providence and luck. Might it even result in a decision to "walk the earth?"

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

The 7/22 appointment mentioned in this post has been rescheduled again to next week, so I guess 7/22 was a bit "too early."

Re. Bill's Peter Pan dream, I've just started reading Child of Fortune again. A major character is known as Pater Pan. He wears a Coat of Many Colors and identifies himself with the Pied Piper (whose story Browning placed on July 22).

Wade McKenzie said...

Mention of a coat of many colors put me in mind of Tamar's (KJV--II Samuel) coat of many colors. It appears that there is a tradition that the rape of Tamar took place on the 9 of Av on the Hebrew calendar. It's July the 21st here on my end, but tomorrow (July 22) at sundown, begins the 9 of Av.

Popular posts