Monday, July 27, 2026

Who had John Wayne shooting on their bingo card for this year?

As I was waking up, a rapid-fire series of voices said things like "Kill John Wayne!" "John Wayne shot!" "Shoot John Wayne!" and finally "Who had John Wayne shooting on their bingo card for this year?"

Not many people, I would guess, since John Wayne has been dead for 47 years. I document the dream anyway in case it should turn out to be precognitive in some unanticipated way.


Update: I published the original version of this post (above) at 8:29 a.m. As I was thinking about how it might somehow be precognitive even though John Wayne is long dead, I thought it might refer to another person called John Wayne -- like, for example, the serial killer John Wayne Gacy. Gacy is long dead, too, of course, but he's an example of the fact that "John Wayne" can refer to more than one individual.

At 10:17 a.m. Taiwan time, someone posted on /pol/ "BREAKING: MASS SHOOTING AT THE SPACE NEEDLE IN SEATTLE." The second reply shows someone in clown makeup, and the third reply says "More like the gayce needle."


John Wayne Gacy performed as a clown and is known as the Killer Clown. I'm sure gayce is just supposed to be an alteration of space to include the word gay, but by analogy with Edgar Cayce's name, it should be pronounced as Gacy. A search of the /pol/ archive for other instances of gayce shows that most of them are misspelled (or perhaps intentionally gayified) references to "John Wayne Gayce."

In one of J. W. Dunne's precognitive dreams, he dreamt details of a disaster not as they actually happened but as they were reported in the newspaper he would read the next day -- so it makes sense that my own dream would be retroactively influenced not by the facts of the shooting but by the way it was reported on /pol/.

7 comments:

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

The 1974 film McQ stars John Wayne as a Seattle police officer investigating a series of shootings.

Ra1119bee said...

William,
You wrote: "In one of J. W. Dunne's precognitive dreams,
he dreamt details of a disaster not as they actually
happened but as they were reported in the newspaper
he would read the next day --
so it makes sense that my own dream
would be retroactively influenced not by the facts
of the shooting but by the way it was reported on."

When I read that I immediately thought of
the Twilight Zone episode Printer's Devil.
Copy and paste:

Episode Summary
"Douglas Winter, editor of the failing Dansburg Courier,
is on the brink of suicide when he meets
a mysterious man calling himself Mr. Smith.

Mr. Smith offers money, reporting skills,
and linotype expertise to save the paper—at a price.
****The newspaper suddenly scoops every
major disaster, raising suspicion about how
Mr. Smith knows events before they happen.***

The story follows a classic Faustian
structure: a deal with the devil that spirals into danger."
~~~~~~~~
While the Printer's Devil's story may appear to
be one of evil vs good ( and in this story the devil
appears to win) but the big picture suggests,
(at least to me and something I've come to believe )
which is: we can change our fate.

I found a very interesting review of Printer's Devil
on youtube. I think the original Twilight Zone episode
is on youtube as well. The link below is
a review of the episode.

Printer's Devil is one of Marshall and I's favorite
Twilight Zone episodes. For Marshall it has a personal connection
as his father was in the printing business having started at
McCalls in Dayton.
' Coincidently' the McCalls Printing Company was on the
West Side of Dayton, very close to where I grew up.

After leaving McCall's Marshall's father
started a very lucrative printing supply business.

Marshall has often talked about the Gutenberg Press
and we both agree about the power of the Printing Revolution
and the printed word.

I only share all of this William, because I have previously
commented several times,
that I personally believe perhaps your calling
(or perhaps a past life(s) was/is one of a Scribe.
Reason being : your love of words.
Powerful position.

Printer's Devil - Twilight-Tober Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfW1ij1y62U

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Gutenberg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printing_press
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer%27s_devil

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

My favorite printer's devil will always be Albert Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmnnLs0v9_s

Ra1119bee said...

William,
Yes, the trickster/clown/fool is a powerful archetype
that's for sure, including Crazy Gacy. If you saw
the video in the link, you'll note there is mention of Mr. Smith
( the Printer's Devil ) as a trickster archetype as well.

Interesting that in the Groucho video, Albert Hall mentions Seattle
as a place he worked at a newspaper:
the Seattle Times in 'the composing room'.
BINGO!

Sync fairies be real busy.

Ra1119bee said...

William,
I have another BINGO! for ya.
In the Groucho video note that Albert Hall
wins FIFTY dollars because
in his story he tells Groucho, Hall mentions
the word FOOD which was the word
Hall needed to mention in order to win the game.

The number 50 connecting with my puzzle pieces
especially in my July 14 2014 Moon River Dream.

In Seattle the shooting occurred at the Seattle Space
Needle at an annual FOOD event. Bite of Seattle.
In the Universal Language anything having to do with
food, kitchen, restaurant etc means : food for thought.

Interestingly Settle's Longitude is 122.
22, the Master Builder in alchemy,
recently being in the sync stream.

It amazes me how in the metaphysical
things are so connected. Especially
if you follow the symbolism. As I've commented
many times : sometimes syncs are not always
for the receiver or if it is perhaps in a round about
way.
Maybe the round about way message for you is considering
the possibility of a past life as a scribe because of your
love for words.

I believe that Past Lives are revealed throughout our
present incarnation either through dreams or very subtly as
an attraction to a different culture and/or people perhaps
or understanding something very easily
that most people would find difficult to comprehend.

I believe people who are savants or musically gifted without
ever having to study or mathematically gifted or just
have a talent or a hobby or a great interest in something
etc. are tapping into a past life remembrance.

I believe the fact that I've had a lifetime
of paranormal experiences is not a one off.
The paranormal information flows to me like water.
It's easy for me to see.

I think we all are given clues/syncs/puzzle
pieces in our incarnations reminding us
of who we were and the knowledge we've gained
or perhaps the lesson and/or knowledge
we need to gain but
more importantly WHY our purpose for this incarnation.

John Wayne's archetype is one of true grit.
"Stoic, morally upright, frontier hero who
embodied the ideals of courage, integrity, and rugged individualism"
according to wiki.

Crazy Gacy is anything but. Maybe the hidden message
in your dream and your interpretation of the dream
regarding Gacy,
was showing to consider
that there are always two sides of every coin.

BINGO!
.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Pas "bingo," monsieur. "Banco."

(I'm sure Debbie will get that reference.)

Ra1119bee said...

William,
Yelp, a banker's hand, I did have.
It was a hard day's night and I was working like a dog.

And speaking of farmers and red and white,
and cows and meows
and bankers and bingos and ringos
and One Eye on puppies and Poppies, ( and Toto too )
oh my!

BINGO | Nursery Rhymes For Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mmF8zOlh_g

Popular posts