Saturday, March 23, 2024

Another adjacent-lines error

I think -- though of course the accuracy of introspection in these matters is limited -- that when I read, I tend to get a quick gestalt sense of each paragraph before reading through it word by word. When I gestalted this paragraph on William Wright's blog last night, I got the false impression that it contained my surname, Tychonievich, but uncapitalized. The red underlining I've added shows where that impression likely came from:


Undulating between lines 4 and 5, we hit almost all the letters needed, and in the correct order: ty-ck-on-i-e-i-ch. We have a k instead of the visually similar h, there’s no v, and the final i is a bit too far to the right, but overall it’s awfully close.

No comments:

Happy birthday, Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir

Today I was listening to "Mountain Sound" by Of Monsters and Men and wondered what the lead vocalist's name was. I looked her ...