Saturday, March 9, 2024

What's a soft-boiled egg? I'm cereal.

I spotted this on /pol/ today, in a thread about what people used to eat a century ago:


So that's another reference to the ManBearPig "I'm cereal" line (which could also be heard as "serial"), and it's responding to a question about eggs. The cereal we're most interested in around here is Hidden Treasures -- which have already been connected with eggs in my November 20 post "The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet," where I quoted one of Bilbo's riddles from The Hobbit:

A box without hinges, key, or lid,
Yet golden treasure inside is hid.

Eggses! But what's soft boiled, Precious?

3 comments:

Francis Berger said...

Eggses! But what's soft boiled, Precious?

Very funny!

Evan Pangburn said...

Well? Is anyone going to answer the man? I would like to know myself!

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

We may never know. So much of our traditional egg lore has been lost.

Happy birthday, Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir

Today I was listening to "Mountain Sound" by Of Monsters and Men and wondered what the lead vocalist's name was. I looked her ...