Monday, September 12, 2022

Snail on shingles

 Yesterday, September 11, I did some remote-viewing practice using the app RV Tournament. I was given the coordinates 6156-4124, and these were my notes.

I was then given two possible target images to choose from, and I chose the correct one with perfect confidence.

I consider this a pretty good hit. The snail in the target image isn't actually on a shingled roof, but it is on a dark surface, slanting in the direction I indicated in my sketch. (Surprisingly, this was a "practice round," with immediate feedback, which I'm usually bad at. I've done 102 practice rounds and guessed only 47 of them right -- 0.8 SDs worse than would be expected by chance. For "tournament rounds," with delayed feedback, I've done 34 and guessed 24 right -- 2.4 SDs better than expected by chance. That's a whopping 3.2-SD difference between the two types of round!)

The next day, I posted my dream, "The coypu assembles a new zodiac," in which a coypu (nutria) calls one animal after another to "come and join the general dance." Otto left a comment quoting the Mock Turtle's Song from Alice in Wonderland. Note some of the words that show up in the first stanza:

"Will you walk a little faster?" said a whiting to a snail,
"There's a porpoise close behind us, and he's treading on my tail.
See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle -- will you come and join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, won't you join the dance?

I know the Mock Turtle is referring to pebbles on the seashore, not to roofing shingles, but it still seems like quite a coincidence. "Turtles" -- again, with a different meaning -- have also been in the sync stream recently.

6 comments:

David Earle said...

Interesting app. I installed it today and tried the practice rounds.

I meditated on some coordinates for a couple minutes. Nothing was coming to me, so I put it aside and went back to what I was doing. My immediate next thought was that I remembered I been meaning to put up some LED lights in my office. I went and grabbed them and then thought, "I wonder if the image has something to do with lights." So I opened the app back up and the two images to choose from were a woman playing guitar and a cityscape at night which had lots of streetlights illuminating the entire photo. I choose that one with 100% confidence and got it right.

Not bad!

john said...

It could be that that is a shingle but the image is more zoomed in than your 3rd eye.

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Interesting, David. Let me know your results after you've done a few dozen rounds. For what it's worth, my own method is not to "meditate," but to write down the coordinates and then scribble down the first few things that come to mind, spending five seconds tops. Then I annotate what I've drawn, labeling any identifiable objects and noting any colors. It's a quick and dirty method yielding quick and dirty results, but when I attempt anything more leisurely, my own thoughts and associations tend to drown out the psychic data.

ben said...

I was reading (https://icytales.com/st-michael-myths-and-legends/) and saw this. Have you ever heard of someone being mad as a lobster?

https://i.ibb.co/C8jBcz6/download.png

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

@ben

Very interesting! Googling "mad as a lobster" (in quotation marks) only turns up three hits -- and Google informs me that "People also ask: What did St Michael do? Who was Michael the Archangel? Why is Michael the Archangel a Saint?"

In the story you linked, the devil, feeling he has been cheated in an agreement to share agricultural produce with St. Michael, becomes "mad as a lobster" and is about to attack the Saint, but "the Archangel kicked him so violently in the rump that Satan was hurled through space like a ball." The story takes place in Normandy -- that is, the north coast of France, bordering the English Channel.

In the Mock Turtle's Song, the whiting tells the snail that someone is going to "throw us, with the lobsters, out to sea." when the snail objects that it is "too far,"

"What matters it how far we go?" his scaly friend replied,
"There is another shore, you know, upon the other side.
The further off from England the nearer is to France—
Then turn not pale, beloved snail, but come and join the dance.

Like the devil in the story, the snail is like a lobster and is going to be sent sailing through the air -- perhaps so far that he will be closer to Normandy than to England!

I just skimmed the Wikipedia article on Normandy, which includes a picture of Joan of Arc burning at the stake and one of Mont-Saint-Michel.

Apparently, a knight fighting a snail is a common motif in illuminated manuscripts of the 13th and 14th centuries.

https://blogs.bl.uk/digitisedmanuscripts/2013/09/knight-v-snail.html

ben said...

@William

Probably best for a snail to avoid France

heh heh

Knowledge is baking powder, France is baking.

Last night (the night of April 17), I visited Engrish.com , a site I used to check fairly regularly but hadn't been to in, oh, years pro...