Thursday, September 1, 2022

Syncs courtesy of Laura Wood (and 4chan)

Shortly after posting "I'm being shadowed by a red turtle dove," I checked Laura Wood's blog, The Thinking Housewife, for the first time in a bit. The latest post, dated August 31, is called "The Knock at Every Door" and was simply Revelation 3:20 ("Behold, I stand at the door, and knock . . ."), quoted without comment. I have been posting a lot of "knocking" syncs recently, including several references to that verse (eg), and to the phrase "knock on any door."

Scrolling down, the next most recent post, dated August 30, is called "Where Love, There Birds," and was about a Catholic saint called Saint Rose. The post ends with a YouTube video of Respighi's The Birds, the thumbnail for which is a picture of some turtle doves in flight -- not the red species, but still turtles rather than white doves -- with the label "The Dove."

Just before posting this, I did a bit of random browsing on /x/, including a thread where an anon said he was being oppressed by a demon that disguised itself as a character he had invented and tricked him into inviting it into his heart. One of the responders offered some sort of Protestant/Evangelical exorcism prayer and wrote:

Pray this prayer, it will help. And remember have faith in Jesus Christ. He is there for you always.
Matthew 28:20
King James Version

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Revelation 3:20
King James Version

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
God bless you anon. Amen

1 comment:

Wm Jas Tychonievich said...

Turtle says, "If you're ever on the block, stop and knock."

https://youtu.be/fzkdiSYmiIQ?t=298

Susan, Aslan, and dot-connecting

On April 22, William Wright posted " Shushan! ", which included a clip from the James Bond spoof movie  Johnny English Reborn  in ...